In private equity, fund managers are increasingly competing based on their sophistication in managing and analyzing… https://t.co/kU24iHlw3V
December 2021 Model Performance Report
Research Signals - December 2021
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Deep Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.88%, while the Price Momentum model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe, our Deep Value model also had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 12.65%, while the Price Momentum model lagged.
- Developed Europe: Over the Developed Europe universe, our Deep Value model also outperformed, returning 4.33% on a one month decile return spread basis, while Price Momentum lagged.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Value Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.12%. The rest of the models within the region had a positive return spread as well. The Value Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 27.22%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe, our Price Momentum model returned 1.68% on one month quintile return spread basis, while Relative Value lagged. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is still the highest for the EM universe at 11.71%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned 2.00%. The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Basic Materials sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model with a return of 0.70%. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Tech sector had an unfavorable ranking. The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model returned 0.50%. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Technology model had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 11.67%, while the Oil and Gas model struggled. The Technology model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 27.63% while the Bank and Thrift 2 model's performance is the lowest at 4.24%.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Japan IFRS Adoption, Opportunity or Cost for Private Equity Fund Managers?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 January 2022
- IHS Markit Partners with METACO to Provide a Unified Post-Trade Processing Solution for Digital and Traditional Assets
- Biden finalizes his bank regulatory nominees, setting the stage for a robust enforcement agenda in 2022 and beyond
- Private equity prepares for a “bigger data” future
- Daily Global Market Summary - 25 January 2022
- IHS Markit partners with Alpha Financial Software to deliver automated US MBS clearance and settlement through thinkFolio
- Municipal Calendar Week of January 24th 2022
We have partnered with METACO to provide a unified post-trade processing solution addressing market demand for flex… https://t.co/L8XcoF4mE1
Biden nominates assertive regulator for key Federal Reserve post. Read the latest article by our own Adam Goldberg… https://t.co/FCj7ckKUxD