IHS Markit, estimating that global demand for batteries hit 154 GWh in 2018, including rechargeable batteries used… https://t.co/3yLOFkWCYN
Crude Oil to Chemicals (COTC): A Major Disruptor
With demand for chemicals growing at a much faster rate than the demand for transportation fuels, companies are exploring opportunities to configure their complex refineries into COTC plants. In lieu of producing transportation fuels, these COTC plants can convert crude oil directly to chemical feedstocks. The factors which companies need to consider in their strategic planning should include:
- Driving forces behind these COTC plants along with the major differences between COTC plants and current the state-of-art well-integrated refinery-petrochemical complexes
- Current COTC projects, along with plant configurations and technologies required for achieving maximum chemical production
- Strategic implications on supply / demand of petrochemicals, technology trends and regional competition
To learn more, download a complimentary webinar presented by two industry experts on this topic.
R. J. Chang is Vice President and Executive Director, Process Economics Program, Oil, Mid-Downstream and Chemical, IHS Markit.
Blake Eskew is Vice President, Oil Markets, Midstream, Downstream, and Chemicals at IHS Markit.
For additional information, download the Process Economics Program brochure.
- US-China trade dispute – implications for the global natural gas liquids market
- Global Methanol Strategic Issues 2019
- Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
- Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
- The rule of three - The United States, Russia and Saudi Arabia, are the oil superpowers supplanting OPEC in a new world order
- ExxonMobil outlines Guangdong derivative plans
- Flavor and Fragrances Industry
- Global basic chemicals outlook
PPG reported 1st qtr net income down 7% YOY, to $312MM on sales down 4%, to $3.62B. Volumes were down 3% with about… https://t.co/EV0etBog4l
Sustainability dominated discussion at this year’s ACC Responsible Care & Sustainability Conference, as participant… https://t.co/Gkv1SJpchh