Crop Protection Markets in Africa 2020
IHS Markit has published a new edition of its Crop Science (Agrow) Crop Protection Markets in Africa report. This 2020 report is a thoroughly revised and updated version of a report previously published in 2018 and 2016, describing and evaluating the commercial crop protection market in Africa.
The total crop protection market in Africa now stands at US$3.4 billion, an increase of 26% from the level reached in the last report (2018). Herbicides (43%), insecticides (32%) and fungicides (16%) are the principal segments. We also give 2025 market size projections.
The report features the following highlights: 25 Country Profiles; 21 Crop Profiles; and 9 Leading Crop Companies are profiled.
An introductory chapter on significant recent disruptive events in the market - Covid-19 and locust impacts on African crops. A chapter on the growing market segment of biopesticides.
The report also evaluates developments in biotechnology and biocides where the focus is on six country markets (Egypt, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, South Africa, Kenya and Ethiopia).
The report is written by Jake Cooley, a consultant with over 30 years of experience working on the African crop protection sector and the author of the two previous editions of this report.
- OUTLOOK 2021: Assessing the Washington policy landscape
- Webcast: January WASDE Report Expectations from IHS Markit Food and Agricultural Commodities
- The World's Top 40 Ammonia Buyers
- Top 20 Animal Health Products
- Fully Soluble Fertilizers Outlook - rapid market growth in China
- Biopesticides 2021
- Webcast: Our Expectations for the December 2020 WASDE Report from USDA
- Agriculture MEPs back CAP transition deal for 2021-2022