Crop Protection Markets in Africa 2020
IHS Markit has published a new edition of its Crop Science (Agrow) Crop Protection Markets in Africa report. This 2020 report is a thoroughly revised and updated version of a report previously published in 2018 and 2016, describing and evaluating the commercial crop protection market in Africa.
The total crop protection market in Africa now stands at US$3.4 billion, an increase of 26% from the level reached in the last report (2018). Herbicides (43%), insecticides (32%) and fungicides (16%) are the principal segments. We also give 2025 market size projections.
The report features the following highlights: 25 Country Profiles; 21 Crop Profiles; and 9 Leading Crop Companies are profiled.
An introductory chapter on significant recent disruptive events in the market - Covid-19 and locust impacts on African crops. A chapter on the growing market segment of biopesticides.
The report also evaluates developments in biotechnology and biocides where the focus is on six country markets (Egypt, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, South Africa, Kenya and Ethiopia).
The report is written by Jake Cooley, a consultant with over 30 years of experience working on the African crop protection sector and the author of the two previous editions of this report.
- Webcast: August 2020 Pre-WASDE Report
- Article: Russian soft drinks industry asks for aid to maintain production
- Article: Vietnamese frozen loins of skipjack tuna to Europe at zero duty
- Article: Rise in Indian cumin seed price
- Article: Lawmakers plead with US Trade Rep to scotch tariffs on EU food and drink
- Article: July - sustainability focus
- Article: Council adopts new minimum EU excise duty rates for alcoholic drinks
- Food & Ag Policy Briefing 4 July
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Canadian oil sands production is expected to decline by nearly 175,000 barrels per day in 2020 as a result of… https://t.co/LgvdF6elwO