Crop Protection Markets in Africa 2020
IHS Markit has published a new edition of its Crop Science (Agrow) Crop Protection Markets in Africa report. This 2020 report is a thoroughly revised and updated version of a report previously published in 2018 and 2016, describing and evaluating the commercial crop protection market in Africa.
The total crop protection market in Africa now stands at US$3.4 billion, an increase of 26% from the level reached in the last report (2018). Herbicides (43%), insecticides (32%) and fungicides (16%) are the principal segments. We also give 2025 market size projections.
The report features the following highlights: 25 Country Profiles; 21 Crop Profiles; and 9 Leading Crop Companies are profiled.
An introductory chapter on significant recent disruptive events in the market - Covid-19 and locust impacts on African crops. A chapter on the growing market segment of biopesticides.
The report also evaluates developments in biotechnology and biocides where the focus is on six country markets (Egypt, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire, South Africa, Kenya and Ethiopia).
The report is written by Jake Cooley, a consultant with over 30 years of experience working on the African crop protection sector and the author of the two previous editions of this report.
- UK swine herd under pressure
- Reporting Sustainability in Agrichemicals
- Market Drivers of Vegetable Oil Prices
- Renewable diesel locations planned and under construction
- Vegetable Oils and Volatility
- EU keeps pumping €100 million into tobacco production despite anti-cancer plans
- Biologicals Innovation
- The Current and Future Impact of Cell Cultured Meat on the Livestock Industry