These grand ambitions come with proposed measures including extending US$50 million to pilot projects, promoting hy… https://t.co/1mN2cySYo1
COVID-19 Accelerates Refinery Shutdown
The refining industry is at the cusp of transition due to the severe jolt given by COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has accelerated the transition process, coaxing companies to fast-track the pursuit of their future plans and at the same time part with assets which have a bleak chance of operational profitability.
As refined product demand declined through the first half of 2020, it exerted pressure on refining assets, particularly the ones with narrow margins and low competitive position. While refiners were able to partially offset the losses by shutting or divesting few of the weak assets, the pandemic driven downturn, coupled with impending transition has also weakened the inter-regional trade activity. The refiners are therefore unable to find buyers for many assets and in the absence of any potential buyer or alternative use, are idling the facilities.
Access an in-depth comparative view of your position in the chemical and refining industries Company Strategies and Performance (CSP) from IHS Markit, helps you to better understand your competitive position so that you can spot threats and opportunities in the market, and act accordingly. Rely on a unique combination of in-depth analysis and data which compares the strategic direction of the top chemical producers, as well as the refining and marketing performance of major downstream operators globally.
- Review competitive behavior and strategies
- Grasp market dynamics & key trends
- Benchmark your performance & competitive position
- Develop comprehensive analysis required by leadership/management
- Take advantage of world-class data and tools behind the analysis from IHS Markit
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- US biofuels have been boosted by the RFS and RINs, but can a fresh approach drive new growth?
- Whitepaper: Higher Voltage Standards Help Reduce LCOE for PV Systems
- US Northeast natural gas production management
- From fumes to neural networks: Moving beyond the limits of conventional forecasting
- Commercial analysis of the Rencong-1X high impact well
- Top upstream energy issues for 2021
- Upstream oil and gas meeting its challenges through innovation
- LPG demand in mainland China will return to rapid growth in 2021 driven primarily by new petrochemical plants