In a recent interview with Finextra, our own Mark Findlay and Abhay Pradhan discuss how migrating capital markets a… https://t.co/cGLx3f9ZX2
Corporate Bond Pricing Recap for July 2019
US Treasury Movement
Over the month of July, the US Treasury curve has flattened with the short end widening and long end tightening. The table below summarizes weekly and monthly performance across the curve, followed by a snap of the 30 year's performance in more detail, sourced from our Price Viewer portal.
In July, the 30 year finished mostly unchanged at 2.53%, 2 bps
tighter than 2.55% where it started the month. At its highest, the
30 year yield touched 2.65% and dropped to 2.47% at its
Investment Grade Market Review
The table below summarizes weekly and monthly sector performance across the iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF.
Top Movers (up/down) within the Investment Grade Market
July's best performing iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond:
Mylan 5.2% 04/15/48 (US628530BJ54)
- This bond increased in price value by $10.01, from $92.57 to $102.58 (the bond continues to move upward in the month of August)
- This bond's credit spread tightened by 68 basis points, from +317 to +249
- In late July, Pfizer announced an agreement to combine Mylan and Upjohn (a division of Pfizer) causing tightening across all Mylan bonds
July's worst performing iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond:
EQT Corporation 3.9% 10/01/27 (US26884LAF67)
- This bond decreased in price value by $5.08, from $94.35 to $89.27 (the bond continues to move downward in the month of August)
- This bond's credit spread widened by 82 basis points, from +270 to +352
- Other energy companies including EQM Midstream Partners, Apache, and Hess also saw their bonds decline in value over the month of July
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Developing trends in private debt
- Daily Global Market Summary - 29 September 2020
- WSO Services Reaches New Heights
- Daily Global Market Summary - 28 September 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 25 September 2020
- Reasons for optimism: is this the start of a new technology revolution?
- What Chess Can Teach Us About Assessing Vendor Risk
- Daily Global Market Summary - September 24, 2020
Join us for an informative two days of interactive breakout sessions as we highlight next-gen, cutting-edge technol… https://t.co/pbcmkwBdly
Assessing vendor risk shouldn't be a chess match against vendors. Making them a partner will really deliver a check… https://t.co/qI4iRvESBI