Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/bD7eRhUCkD
Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
US Market Rapid Reporting (Class 4-8)
- With March 2020 having come to a close in calendar week 14, the scale of the initial COVID-19 related slide in registrations became apparent. Registrations of Class 4-8 trucks dropped 29% in the month versus February 2020.
- The lower GVW classes exhibited more relative strength. Registrations of Class 6-7 trucks fell 39% month over month (MoM) in March while Class 4-5 dropped just 21% MoM, for example. Class 8 fell 30% MoM, meanwhile.
- Individual states showed considerable variation, with Louisiana down 79% MoM for Class 4-8 and Nevada up 91% MoM.
- The steepest drops as March ended in week 14 were in Minnesota (-91%) week over week (WoW) and Arkansas (-80%).
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
- Expansionary Policies Provide a Tailwind to Mainland Chinese Truck Market, but Challenges Remain
- Fuel For Thought - Can the dealer of today serve the EV customer of tomorrow?
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/mAdtoxXhZg
Attempting to understand the core, underlying drivers of the US new vehicle industry can be challenging. In a new w… https://t.co/VuSwYwE2fI