The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index is now below 50 for the first time since its debut in early April.… https://t.co/yrXKg9uG9X
Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
US Market Rapid Reporting (Class 4-8)
- With March 2020 having come to a close in calendar week 14, the scale of the initial COVID-19 related slide in registrations became apparent. Registrations of Class 4-8 trucks dropped 29% in the month versus February 2020.
- The lower GVW classes exhibited more relative strength. Registrations of Class 6-7 trucks fell 39% month over month (MoM) in March while Class 4-5 dropped just 21% MoM, for example. Class 8 fell 30% MoM, meanwhile.
- Individual states showed considerable variation, with Louisiana down 79% MoM for Class 4-8 and Nevada up 91% MoM.
- The steepest drops as March ended in week 14 were in Minnesota (-91%) week over week (WoW) and Arkansas (-80%).
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 20 May 2020
- COVID-19: Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
- April numbers for China added to Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive loyalty in the wake of the COVID-19 recession
- COVID-19 pandemic: EV charging industry wrestles with a new magnitude of underutilization
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 6 May 2020
- Global Auto Demand Tracker from IHS Markit
IHS Markit sees a 31% increase week-on-week (w/w) in Canada national registration volume, representing 5,100-unit v… https://t.co/X0N7j3jfn6