Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
US Market Rapid Reporting (Class 4-8)
- With March 2020 having come to a close in calendar week 14, the scale of the initial COVID-19 related slide in registrations became apparent. Registrations of Class 4-8 trucks dropped 29% in the month versus February 2020.
- The lower GVW classes exhibited more relative strength. Registrations of Class 6-7 trucks fell 39% month over month (MoM) in March while Class 4-5 dropped just 21% MoM, for example. Class 8 fell 30% MoM, meanwhile.
- Individual states showed considerable variation, with Louisiana down 79% MoM for Class 4-8 and Nevada up 91% MoM.
- The steepest drops as March ended in week 14 were in Minnesota (-91%) week over week (WoW) and Arkansas (-80%).
- Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought: The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
Few EU vehicle manufacturers will meet their compliance targets by the end of 2020. Our whitepaper takes a look at… https://t.co/rC6T8WFvhF