Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
US Market Rapid Reporting (Class 4-8)
- With March 2020 having come to a close in calendar week 14, the scale of the initial COVID-19 related slide in registrations became apparent. Registrations of Class 4-8 trucks dropped 29% in the month versus February 2020.
- The lower GVW classes exhibited more relative strength. Registrations of Class 6-7 trucks fell 39% month over month (MoM) in March while Class 4-5 dropped just 21% MoM, for example. Class 8 fell 30% MoM, meanwhile.
- Individual states showed considerable variation, with Louisiana down 79% MoM for Class 4-8 and Nevada up 91% MoM.
- The steepest drops as March ended in week 14 were in Minnesota (-91%) week over week (WoW) and Arkansas (-80%).
- Drivers reveal exactly how fast they want EVs to charge – and these cars are setting the pace
- Fuel for Thought - CES 2021 Roundup
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs
Automotive industry: expected future development amid Sars-CoV-2 and long-term trends. Cu2 Consulting discusses ten… https://t.co/mcpxGbEJTF