IHS Markit Commentary: June US Auto Sales
June sales in so far are coming in strong in the United States, leading to a solid first half. For the year, IHS Markit has held its light-vehicle sales forecast at 16.9 million units for the year, and we may see monthly volatility in the second half. With a healthy economy, consumers are spending. The preference for utility vehicles over cars continues, but as automakers adjust production to match, the rate of decline in car sales is likely to settle. The extra weekend falling in June and early 4th of July sales likely contributed as well.
- California tightens availability of EV credits
- EU expects to avoid US tariffs on cars
- Sales of electrically chargeable vehicles in EU grow 51.8%
- Japan looking to subsidise compact BEVs
- The UK passenger car market went into retreat again in October, falling by 6.7% year on year
- UK government considering green number plates to identify zero-emission vehicles
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
California tightens availability of EV credits. The US state of California has tightened the availability of electr… https://t.co/TzQMmnQZby