IHS Markit, estimating that global demand for batteries hit 154 GWh in 2018, including rechargeable batteries used… https://t.co/3yLOFkWCYN
Clariant to collaborate with ExxonMobil and REG
IHS Markit Chemical Week's latest coverage of ExxonMobil unveils their latest competitive strategies. Get the clearest possible view of your position in relation to ExxonMobil with IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance.
Clariant says it has signed a joint research agreement with ExxonMobil and Renewable Energy Group (REG; Ames, Iowa) to evaluate the potential use of cellulosic sugars to produce biofuel. The cellulosic sugars would be obtained from sources such as agricultural waste and residue. The new partnership expands a previously announced agreement for joint research between ExxonMobil and REG. In that partnership the two companies successfully validated the ability of bio-conversion technology from REG Life Sciences to convert sugars from cellulosic biomass into biodiesel by way of a single-step process. The agreement with Clariant allows ExxonMobil and REG to further optimize REG's bio-conversion process using cellulosic sugars created through Clariant's sunliquid process. The ultimate objective is to combine the Clariant and REG processes into a cellulosic biomass-to-biodiesel technology, according to the companies.
- Inorganics 2019 Strategic Issues
- US-China trade dispute – implications for the global natural gas liquids market
- Global Methanol Strategic Issues 2019
- Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
- Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
- The rule of three - The United States, Russia and Saudi Arabia, are the oil superpowers supplanting OPEC in a new world order
- ExxonMobil outlines Guangdong derivative plans
- Flavor and Fragrances Industry
PPG reported 1st qtr net income down 7% YOY, to $312MM on sales down 4%, to $3.62B. Volumes were down 3% with about… https://t.co/EV0etBog4l
Sustainability dominated discussion at this year’s ACC Responsible Care & Sustainability Conference, as participant… https://t.co/Gkv1SJpchh