Fine-tune your automotive audience action plan with Polk Automotive Data. Download full infographic and access web… https://t.co/I8kShQPKCq
China extends tax break for NEVs to 2020
China's Ministry of Finance announced on 28 June that buyers of new energy vehicles (NEVs) will continue to enjoy the new vehicle purchase tax break until the end of 2020.
Significance: The extended tax break on NEVs is part of China's incentive package to increase their appeal to consumers. Electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrids have been exempt from the 10% purchase tax since 2014. For 2019 and 2020, it will still play a positive role in encouraging consumers to opt for a NEV. The preferential tax policy, along with government-backed subsidies, effectively drives down the purchase price. Such policies will eventually be scrapped by policy makers in order to reduce manufacturers' reliance on financial support.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 17 June 2020
- COVID-19's real possible effects on the Auto and Mobility Industry
- With 50% of countries reporting, month of May numbers indicate a solid rebound for global auto demand
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 3 June 2020
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 20 May 2020
- COVID-19: Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index from IHS Markit has crept back up again to the mid-forties from the l… https://t.co/ExTEPeQDiD
Looking at new vehicle registrations at the state level, the three states with the greatest improvements in retail… https://t.co/8VwfBXUHaE