[3/3] Tim Vallin, VP, Technology is currently Chair of Pride at IHS Markit LGBT+ network & a member of the firm's d… https://t.co/eLF03e534o
Climate and Sustainable Finance - Is chemical recycling a game changer
Chemical or feedstock recycling is being touted as a game changer that can transform recycling. With chemical recycling, innovative technologies - such as pyrolysis, gasification, chemical depolymerization, catalytic cracking and reforming, and hydrogenation - convert plastic waste into chemicals. These technologies produce feedstocks such as monomers, oligomers, and higher hydrocarbons that can in turn be used to make virgin polymers.
Considering the steep recycling targets introduced by European Union regulators and the inadequacy of mechanical recycling to meet those goals, it makes sense that chemical recycling could play a complementary role. However, chemical recycling operations have yet to reach industrial or commercial scale.
- Yellen backs ‘effective carbon pricing’, nomination wins panel OK
- Biden revokes permit for Keystone XL pipeline
- Glick’s FERC seen focusing on transmission, MOPR, environmental justice
- China leads Asia-Pacific region in pumped storage hydro projects: IHS Markit
- New US Senate Majority Leader pledges action on climate
- Colombia to unveil clean energy auction, hydrogen roadmap details in Q1
- IHS Markit sees strong 2021 global rebound for renewables
- Poland takes first steps to offshore wind target, passes key legislation