CERAWeek in 30-Seconds: Tweets from the 2019 conference
After a volatile few months, the energy industry has gathered in Houston for the premier energy event, CERAWeek. Don't have a lot of time to catch up on the show? We recap the first two days for you in 30 seconds with the top Tweets from the show:
Ulrich Spiesshofe- @ABB_CEO
Humanity will always find a way to create new jobs to meet the prosperity that is being created by #digital transformation. -us @CERAWeek #CERAWeek
BP America- @BP_America
BP's Morag Watson discusses the wide range of applications for #AI in the #energy industry. #CERAWeek #CWAgora
Oil & Gas Authority- @OGAuthority
Stuart Payne @CERAWeek tells US investors "the North Sea revival is real. Credibility of Vision 2035 is underpinned by year on year performance increase and we're deeply proud of our UK supply chain" #CERAWeek
IHS Markit- @IHSMarkit
Interesting discussion, and a good point by @IHSMarkit's Kathy Benini here in the #CWAgora at #CERAWeek: "Technology is not a replacement for policy."
Ernest Scheyder- @ErnestScheyder
"The world will need additional growth, additional supplies (of crude oil), not only from the U.S., but other regions as well" - OPEC Secretary General Barkindo tells #CERAWeek
IHS Markit Energy- @IHSMarkitEnergy
The #CWAgora panel for "Is #data the new #oil?" struggled to find the right parallel. Kentaro Kawamori from Chesapeake reminded the industry we achieve more together: "It's not a zero sum game in every occasion. Just because I win, doesn't mean you lose."
Hart Energy- @hartenergy
#OPEC Secretary General Mohammad Barkindo warned attendees of #CERAWeek that additional #oil supply growth is still needed despite a second wave of U.S. #shale production forecasted by @IEA. @EmilyPatsy reports: https://okt.to/FASl97
Brian Scheid- @BrianJScheid
The US was #1 in world in both oil supply and oil demand growth for 1st time in 20 yrs: @IEABirol tells #CERAWeek
Dr. @IEABirol of @IEA on solving the energy and climate puzzle, "Existing infrastructure is an important as renewable energy when it comes to meeting climate change targets." #CWAgora
Posted 12 March 2019
- Underdog to Champion: Unlock the presalt potential
- The Vaca Muerta Play: Gaining competitive economics through operational efficiencies
- Hydrogen as an Energy Carrier: Can China accelerate the path down the learning curve?
- Southeast Asia/far east jackup rig market update
- India’s city gas distribution (CGD) sector making headway: Brings tempo to downstream gas infrastructure business
- Ahead of its first upstream bid round, has Senegal tightened terms too far?
- Cambodia’s upcoming revision of its power development plan may include LNG-fired power plants
- Finding feedstocks in a quickening energy transition scenario