Whitepaper: Capitalizing on the growth of battery energy storage in North America
Battery energy storage presents a USD 24 billion investment
opportunity in the United States and Canada through 2025. More than
half of US states have adopted renewable energy goals, such as
California's target of 100% clean energy by 2045.
As a critical component of the energy transition, energy storage systems are needed to help balance renewable intermittency, provide a cost-effective and low-emission source of critical capacity, and empower customers to manage their energy demand.
This whitepaper reflects on available opportunities across the battery energy storage industry focusing on the market development in the United States and Canada. Highlighting throughout the importance this holds for investors, developers, and suppliers. As energy storage is pivotal in enabling the energy transition across sectors, working effectively across stakeholder groups to help realize the full potential battery energy storage technology offers, will unlock significant growth not just in the next few years but lay the foundation for a long-term acceleration in deployment.
Download the full whitepaper to understand how cost-competitiveness and a conductive policy environment is driving growth in the North American market:
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Acceleration in Southeast Asia renewables development
- Podcast: Refining and Petrochemicals Integration
- 2021 high impact wells mid-year update
- China’s national carbon market officially opened trading
- Will lingering controversies overshadow Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill progress?
- The Wolin Project with Central European Petroleum
- Baltic Shale LLC - Farm-in opportunity to develop acreage in northern Poland
- LPG is king in Latin America, but recent high global prices have governments evaluating market intervention
Shareholders aren't waiting for a court to rule on a lawsuit over a US SEC rule change that limits the introduction… https://t.co/sjxaaGiC5q
IHS Markit reported 38 High Impact Wells (HIWs) to be drilled in 2021. Now, we’re halfway through the year. Let’s c… https://t.co/M2RwZlrN9A