Whitepaper: Capitalizing on the growth of battery energy storage in North America
Battery energy storage presents a USD 24 billion investment
opportunity in the United States and Canada through 2025. More than
half of US states have adopted renewable energy goals, such as
California's target of 100% clean energy by 2045.
As a critical component of the energy transition, energy storage systems are needed to help balance renewable intermittency, provide a cost-effective and low-emission source of critical capacity, and empower customers to manage their energy demand.
This whitepaper reflects on available opportunities across the battery energy storage industry focusing on the market development in the United States and Canada. Highlighting throughout the importance this holds for investors, developers, and suppliers. As energy storage is pivotal in enabling the energy transition across sectors, working effectively across stakeholder groups to help realize the full potential battery energy storage technology offers, will unlock significant growth not just in the next few years but lay the foundation for a long-term acceleration in deployment.
Download the full whitepaper to understand how cost-competitiveness and a conductive policy environment is driving growth in the North American market:
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Infographic -- Solar PV recycling: Market overview
- Potential NGL impacts of Enbridge Line 5 shutdown are substantial
- Line 5 shutdown could create a logistical scramble, reducing competitiveness of crude oil producers and refiners
- Whitepaper: Technology innovation underpins the growing role of energy storage in a lower emission and more reliable energy system
- The United States confirms its position as the most attractive market for renewables investment
- Announced wind turbine orders exceeding 48 GW tracked globally in 2020
- 2020’s top wind developers are targeting significant wind capacity development, eyeing an equal split between onshore and offshore projects
- China’s Five-Year Plans’ review and expectation: Natural gas ticks the box for many policy goals
2021 has brought with it many changes: geopolitical tensions linger & continue to have a major effect on global… https://t.co/HWAEUBih4l