IHS Markit’s Shawn Ryan to participate in the We Guarantee IT panel at Advanced Advertising Summit, October 28 | Ne… https://t.co/Nui0NKhgoi
Brazilian light-vehicle registrations jump 24.5% y/y in October
Light-vehicle (LV) registrations in Brazil increased by 24.5% y/y in October, and are up 14.4% y/y in the YTD. Over the first 10 months of 2018, light-vehicle exports have dropped 11.1% y/y, while production has risen 9.0% y/y.
Brazilian LV registrations took a sharp incline in October, pulling the YTD figure to 2.03 million units, as the month saw an increase in available credit. October's LV production increased 4.0% y/y. The IHS Markit full-year forecast has been updated, currently forecasting that Brazil will see LV sales of 2.44 million units in 2018, up 12.4% from 2017. LV exports remain soft, in part on a weakening Argentinian market. IHS Markit forecasts Brazil's LV production will reach 4.11 million units in 2026, compared with a forecast of 2.88 million units in 2018. Brazil's market is seeing a V-shaped recovery, rather than the U-shaped recovery previously expected.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
- UK government inaugurates testing facility for autonomous vehicles
- On-going talks about 400 public EV charging stations in Kolkata
- Sneak Preview: Frankfurt Motor Show 2019
- Two US senators question cybersecurity vulnerabilities of connected cars
Listen as Chris Hopson discusses global automotive demand results..."things will get worse before they get better". https://t.co/iHkHn3vnwT
Utility vehicle market crowding is on the horizon. IHS Markit expects utility offerings to increase 50% in the nex… https://t.co/MoG1WAppY3