CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen in as Asher Bennett, Founder & CEO, Tevva Electric Trucks, discusses long-range… https://t.co/oA3VN4GvIY
Brazil light vehicle registrations and production grow in July
Light-vehicle sales in Brazil increased by 16.8% in July, and are heading into the second half of 2018 up 14.2% y/y. Over the first seven months of 2018, light-vehicle exports have now dropped 3.6%, while production is up 12.6% y/y.
Brazilian light-vehicle sales rose 16.8% y/y in July. Production increased 20.8% y/y, despite exports dropping 21.6% y/y in July. IHS Markit has revised its forward forecast, and projects Brazilian full-year 2018 sales at 2.4 million units, up 10.3% y/y. Exports, however, remain soft, in part on a weakening Argentine market. IHS Markit forecasts Brazil's light-vehicle production will reach 4.1 million units in 2026, compared with 2.9 million units in 2018. Over the first seven months of 2018, light-vehicle sales are up 14.2% y/y, production has increased 12.6%, and exports have declined 3.0%. Brazil is seeing a V-shaped recovery, rather than the U-shaped recovery previously expected.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio
- Gaping gap between EV wireless and plug-in charging technologies
- New vehicle sales in Vietnam surge over 21 percent in first half of 2019
- Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
- Eleven companies publish guiding principles for self-driving vehicles
- Swedish light-vehicle registrations in June slump on high base
- US state Michigan unveils EV Charging Infrastructure Package
- China extends tax break for NEVs to 2020
An Automotive Minute - Episode 27 Listen in as Chris Hopson discusses US Light Vehicle Sales Volumes for the month… https://t.co/AofI08A3J7
Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio. The Ohio state authorities (United States) have opened a 540-acre… https://t.co/Pq6tpj6mA8