India passenger vehicle segment continued its downward trend for a 3rd consecutive month in September as volumes de… https://t.co/9zAgQhqPTf
Brazil light vehicle registrations and production grow in July
Light-vehicle sales in Brazil increased by 16.8% in July, and are heading into the second half of 2018 up 14.2% y/y. Over the first seven months of 2018, light-vehicle exports have now dropped 3.6%, while production is up 12.6% y/y.
Brazilian light-vehicle sales rose 16.8% y/y in July. Production increased 20.8% y/y, despite exports dropping 21.6% y/y in July. IHS Markit has revised its forward forecast, and projects Brazilian full-year 2018 sales at 2.4 million units, up 10.3% y/y. Exports, however, remain soft, in part on a weakening Argentine market. IHS Markit forecasts Brazil's light-vehicle production will reach 4.1 million units in 2026, compared with 2.9 million units in 2018. Over the first seven months of 2018, light-vehicle sales are up 14.2% y/y, production has increased 12.6%, and exports have declined 3.0%. Brazil is seeing a V-shaped recovery, rather than the U-shaped recovery previously expected.
Read the full article with a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Indian passenger vehicle shipments down, CVs up in September
- China's new vehicle sales drop almost 12 percent in September
- US DOT releases new guidelines for automated driving systems
- Norwegian passenger car demand retreats in September
- Portuguese passenger car sales fall during September
- Brazilian light-vehicle registrations increase in September
- IHS Markit Commentary: Paris Motor Show Expectations
- Japanese new vehicle sales decline 3.1% y/y in September
China's new vehicle sales drop almost 12 percent in September. Due to several factors, it is highly likely that peo… https://t.co/2EVGtUipa7