Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
The Brazilian and German governments have launched a report, 'Technological roadmap for light electric vehicles in Brazil'. The report acts as a roadmap to evaluate the future of the development of light electric vehicles (EVs) in Brazil, according to media reports. The study has been carried out by Promob-e, a technical co-operation project. Promob-e aims to assist the Brazilian government to formulate public policies to help the adoption of more efficient propulsion systems. To gauge the possibilities of Brazilian participation in the production of components of light EVs, the report identifies the barriers and opportunities for technology that Brazil will face in the future at 5, 10, and 15 years.
Significance: Brazil's upper house is also considering banning the sale of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles from 2060. Brazil has been at the forefront of developing norms in order to get more EVs on the road than ICE vehicles. In June 2019, the Brazilian government announced a decision to exempt hybrid and electric vehicles from the Imposto Sobre Produtos Industrializados (IPI) tax, which is applied to industrial products that are produced in Brazil or imported.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4