Fine-tune your automotive audience action plan with Polk Automotive Data. Download full infographic and access web… https://t.co/I8kShQPKCq
Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
The Brazilian and German governments have launched a report, 'Technological roadmap for light electric vehicles in Brazil'. The report acts as a roadmap to evaluate the future of the development of light electric vehicles (EVs) in Brazil, according to media reports. The study has been carried out by Promob-e, a technical co-operation project. Promob-e aims to assist the Brazilian government to formulate public policies to help the adoption of more efficient propulsion systems. To gauge the possibilities of Brazilian participation in the production of components of light EVs, the report identifies the barriers and opportunities for technology that Brazil will face in the future at 5, 10, and 15 years.
Significance: Brazil's upper house is also considering banning the sale of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles from 2060. Brazil has been at the forefront of developing norms in order to get more EVs on the road than ICE vehicles. In June 2019, the Brazilian government announced a decision to exempt hybrid and electric vehicles from the Imposto Sobre Produtos Industrializados (IPI) tax, which is applied to industrial products that are produced in Brazil or imported.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 17 June 2020
- COVID-19's real possible effects on the Auto and Mobility Industry
- With 50% of countries reporting, month of May numbers indicate a solid rebound for global auto demand
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 3 June 2020
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 20 May 2020
- COVID-19: Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index from IHS Markit has crept back up again to the mid-forties from the l… https://t.co/ExTEPeQDiD
Looking at new vehicle registrations at the state level, the three states with the greatest improvements in retail… https://t.co/8VwfBXUHaE