Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
The Brazilian and German governments have launched a report, 'Technological roadmap for light electric vehicles in Brazil'. The report acts as a roadmap to evaluate the future of the development of light electric vehicles (EVs) in Brazil, according to media reports. The study has been carried out by Promob-e, a technical co-operation project. Promob-e aims to assist the Brazilian government to formulate public policies to help the adoption of more efficient propulsion systems. To gauge the possibilities of Brazilian participation in the production of components of light EVs, the report identifies the barriers and opportunities for technology that Brazil will face in the future at 5, 10, and 15 years.
Significance: Brazil's upper house is also considering banning the sale of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles from 2060. Brazil has been at the forefront of developing norms in order to get more EVs on the road than ICE vehicles. In June 2019, the Brazilian government announced a decision to exempt hybrid and electric vehicles from the Imposto Sobre Produtos Industrializados (IPI) tax, which is applied to industrial products that are produced in Brazil or imported.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
- European automotive trade associations call for action against no-deal Brexit
- Fewer Choices for Loyal Ethnic Sedan Owners Opens Marketing Opportunities – and Challenges – for OEMs, IHS Markit says
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
An Automotive Minute - E41 Listen as Stephanie Brinley takes a look new vehicles that will be on display at the Tok… https://t.co/ykwU3UgUui
CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen as a group of panelists discuss transportation fueled by hydrogen.… https://t.co/w0tYT5CI5o