Blockchain – the light at the end of the tunnel
Blockchain has been all the rage for the past year, but we're beginning to come out of the hype cycle. According to Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit, while there certainly is some blockchain fatigue among capital markets firms, as long as the industry continues to focus on the operational cost benefits of the technology, particularly in the back office, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel toward the end of this year. Speaking with TABB Group's Terry Roche, head of fintech research, Billingham discusses smart contracts, the potential for blockchain architecture to transform firms' internal networks, and the opportunity for technology providers to offer value-added services on top of blockchain networks.
See the complete interview on TABB Forum.
Posted 13 December 2016
- Municipal bonds show some insulation from rising rates
- Securities Lending Q3 Review
- Brexit chaos damages UK credit
- Most shorted US equities deliver alpha in October
- October 2018 Model Performance Report
- The best defense is a good risk off-ense
- Growing pressure on Casino’s dividend
- IHS Markit European loan volume survey Q3 2018
RT @A_Malakian: Because IHS Markit put out its press release on TradeServ, many will cover it, as they should. But if you want to read the…