Blockchain – the light at the end of the tunnel
Blockchain has been all the rage for the past year, but we're beginning to come out of the hype cycle. According to Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit, while there certainly is some blockchain fatigue among capital markets firms, as long as the industry continues to focus on the operational cost benefits of the technology, particularly in the back office, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel toward the end of this year. Speaking with TABB Group's Terry Roche, head of fintech research, Billingham discusses smart contracts, the potential for blockchain architecture to transform firms' internal networks, and the opportunity for technology providers to offer value-added services on top of blockchain networks.
See the complete interview on TABB Forum.
Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit
Posted 13 December 2016
- All time high in Cannabis shorts
- Short sellers flee FTSE 250
- Economic Preview - Week of 28 May 2018
- IHS Markit US manufacturing PMI survey shows price pressures building amid capacity constraints
- Flash PMI at nine-month low to signal weaker growth of Japanese manufacturing
- Short sellers fade Pot stock rally
- Malaysia PMI suggests further loss of momentum after a slow start to 2018
- Vietnam makes progress towards achieving economic plans