Europeans spending 2 more hours a month watching on-demand video content. Time spent viewing online long-form cont… https://t.co/fGGItqkDjH
Blockchain – the light at the end of the tunnel
Blockchain has been all the rage for the past year, but we're beginning to come out of the hype cycle. According to Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit, while there certainly is some blockchain fatigue among capital markets firms, as long as the industry continues to focus on the operational cost benefits of the technology, particularly in the back office, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel toward the end of this year. Speaking with TABB Group's Terry Roche, head of fintech research, Billingham discusses smart contracts, the potential for blockchain architecture to transform firms' internal networks, and the opportunity for technology providers to offer value-added services on top of blockchain networks.
See the complete interview on TABB Forum.
Posted 13 December 2016
- Banks and Turkish exposure - but don't forget Italy
- Tesla: Most shorted stock ever?
- Hedging Turkey exposure
- Turkey and CDS Liquidity
- Equity and credit bears stick with their winnners
- Monthly model performance report – July 2018
- Negotiating the value trade
- Brexit and the Buyside: When Your Counterparty Wants to Novate