Blockchain – the light at the end of the tunnel
Blockchain has been all the rage for the past year, but we're beginning to come out of the hype cycle. According to Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit, while there certainly is some blockchain fatigue among capital markets firms, as long as the industry continues to focus on the operational cost benefits of the technology, particularly in the back office, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel toward the end of this year. Speaking with TABB Group's Terry Roche, head of fintech research, Billingham discusses smart contracts, the potential for blockchain architecture to transform firms' internal networks, and the opportunity for technology providers to offer value-added services on top of blockchain networks.
See the complete interview on TABB Forum.
Jeffrey Billingham, Vice President, Business Development, IHS Markit
Posted 13 December 2016
- UK economic growth revised down, in line with PMI
- UK pay growth nudges higher but job market shows cracks
- Eurozone economy on course for best quarter for 12 years, despite February fall in PMI
- IHS Markit Weekly Mortgage Snapshot – February 16, 2018
- US Flash PMI points to economy gaining growth momentum, but prices spike higher
- Most shorted ahead of earnings: Ligand Pharma, Chesapeake Energy & Independence Group
- Japan Flash PMI signals manufacturing sector on course for best quarter since 2014
- UK households quick to respond to hawkish monetary policy signals