Heavy rain from Imelda affecting Houston chemical operations in the Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas, areas… https://t.co/SweJGZo6gy
Biodegradable Polymers Market Value
Led by Western Europe, increasing regulations and bans against
plastic bags and other single-use plastic items such as drinking
straws is driving growing demand for biodegradable plastics. The
current market value of biodegradable plastics exceeds $1.1 billion
in 2018, but could reach $1.7 billion by 2023.
Biodegradable or compostable polymers are bio-based or fossil-fuel-based polymers (plastics) that undergo microbial decomposition to carbon dioxide and water in industrial or municipal compost facilities. A few of these polymers decompose in backyard compost bins or in soil, freshwater or saltwater.
The food packaging, disposable tableware (cups, plates, and cutlery) and bags sector is the largest end-use segment, as well as the major growth driver for biodegradable polymer consumption. This segment will benefit from local restrictions on plastic shopping bags and will achieve double-digit growth.
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
- The new silk road
Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development https://t.co/E36DthGDo5