Southern Cone Energy Infrastructure https://t.co/jIVRRryOiq
Biodegradable Polymers Market Value
Led by Western Europe, increasing regulations and bans against
plastic bags and other single-use plastic items such as drinking
straws is driving growing demand for biodegradable plastics. The
current market value of biodegradable plastics exceeds $1.1 billion
in 2018, but could reach $1.7 billion by 2023.
Biodegradable or compostable polymers are bio-based or fossil-fuel-based polymers (plastics) that undergo microbial decomposition to carbon dioxide and water in industrial or municipal compost facilities. A few of these polymers decompose in backyard compost bins or in soil, freshwater or saltwater.
The food packaging, disposable tableware (cups, plates, and cutlery) and bags sector is the largest end-use segment, as well as the major growth driver for biodegradable polymer consumption. This segment will benefit from local restrictions on plastic shopping bags and will achieve double-digit growth.
- Podcast: July Lithium Market Outlook
- Automotive Transition Raises Strategic Questions for Chemicals Companies
- Southern Cone Energy Infrastructure
- Lithium’s Dramatic Evolution
- U.S. Ethylene Prices in Q2 2019: Where Have All the Traders Gone?
- Podcast: Lithium Market Outlook
- ExxonMobil-Sabic Texas JV to include 1.3 MMty PE plant
- Plastics, Profits, and Purpose
Automotive Transition Raises Strategic Questions for Chemicals Companies https://t.co/zIMAXKVTqh
The Early Bird Deadline for our Global Chlor-Alkali Conference is coming up! Save up to €600 if you register by Fri… https://t.co/U1xhDTr7PU