CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen as a group of panelists discuss transportation fueled by hydrogen.… https://t.co/w0tYT5CI5o
Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
The German capital Berlin has launched an all-in-one mobility app, Jelbi, to offer multimodal transport solution, reports Reuters. The app offers various types of transport options integrating public transport, rental bikes, car-sharing, and taxis. Michel Heider, head of Jelbi, said, "Jelbi is a solution for people to move to shared forms of mobility - and to avoid a transport collapse". Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), Berlin's main public transport company, has partnered with Lithuanian start-up Trafi to develop the app.
Significance: Trafi claims that Berlin will be the first European capital to offer transport app integrating all transportation options to offer Mobility as a Service (MaaS). In June, the company launched a trial of its app, featuring its own metro and bus services, rail operator Deutsche Bahn; electric scooters from Emmy; car-sharing service Miles; and bicycles from Nextbike. The company is working to add on-demand minibus service Berlkoenig; kick scooters from Tier, and conventional taxis from Taxi Berlin. The overall aim of integrating public transportation is to encourage people to use multimodal transport options, and compete with apps that offer an entire suite of service.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- European automotive trade associations call for action against no-deal Brexit
- Fewer Choices for Loyal Ethnic Sedan Owners Opens Marketing Opportunities – and Challenges – for OEMs, IHS Markit says
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
- UK government inaugurates testing facility for autonomous vehicles
RT @IHSMarkit: Today we've announced the acquisition of Novation Analytics, a specialist provider of software solutions, data analysis and…
An Automotive Minute - E40: Chris Hopson discusses September light vehicle sales demand in the United States. https://t.co/dWcb8NgE34