Webinar | Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar, unveiling the results of a… https://t.co/YsFt4U9bLa
Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
The German capital Berlin has launched an all-in-one mobility app, Jelbi, to offer multimodal transport solution, reports Reuters. The app offers various types of transport options integrating public transport, rental bikes, car-sharing, and taxis. Michel Heider, head of Jelbi, said, "Jelbi is a solution for people to move to shared forms of mobility - and to avoid a transport collapse". Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), Berlin's main public transport company, has partnered with Lithuanian start-up Trafi to develop the app.
Significance: Trafi claims that Berlin will be the first European capital to offer transport app integrating all transportation options to offer Mobility as a Service (MaaS). In June, the company launched a trial of its app, featuring its own metro and bus services, rail operator Deutsche Bahn; electric scooters from Emmy; car-sharing service Miles; and bicycles from Nextbike. The company is working to add on-demand minibus service Berlkoenig; kick scooters from Tier, and conventional taxis from Taxi Berlin. The overall aim of integrating public transportation is to encourage people to use multimodal transport options, and compete with apps that offer an entire suite of service.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Drivers reveal exactly how fast they want EVs to charge – and these cars are setting the pace
- Fuel for Thought - CES 2021 Roundup
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs