Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
The German capital Berlin has launched an all-in-one mobility app, Jelbi, to offer multimodal transport solution, reports Reuters. The app offers various types of transport options integrating public transport, rental bikes, car-sharing, and taxis. Michel Heider, head of Jelbi, said, "Jelbi is a solution for people to move to shared forms of mobility - and to avoid a transport collapse". Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), Berlin's main public transport company, has partnered with Lithuanian start-up Trafi to develop the app.
Significance: Trafi claims that Berlin will be the first European capital to offer transport app integrating all transportation options to offer Mobility as a Service (MaaS). In June, the company launched a trial of its app, featuring its own metro and bus services, rail operator Deutsche Bahn; electric scooters from Emmy; car-sharing service Miles; and bicycles from Nextbike. The company is working to add on-demand minibus service Berlkoenig; kick scooters from Tier, and conventional taxis from Taxi Berlin. The overall aim of integrating public transportation is to encourage people to use multimodal transport options, and compete with apps that offer an entire suite of service.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q1 2022
- May 2022 production forecast sees variations from region to region
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The global auto industry continues to navigate a challenging supply chain environment as well as lingering COVID-19… https://t.co/Z5fAb0yo7i
What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM