Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
The German capital Berlin has launched an all-in-one mobility app, Jelbi, to offer multimodal transport solution, reports Reuters. The app offers various types of transport options integrating public transport, rental bikes, car-sharing, and taxis. Michel Heider, head of Jelbi, said, "Jelbi is a solution for people to move to shared forms of mobility - and to avoid a transport collapse". Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), Berlin's main public transport company, has partnered with Lithuanian start-up Trafi to develop the app.
Significance: Trafi claims that Berlin will be the first European capital to offer transport app integrating all transportation options to offer Mobility as a Service (MaaS). In June, the company launched a trial of its app, featuring its own metro and bus services, rail operator Deutsche Bahn; electric scooters from Emmy; car-sharing service Miles; and bicycles from Nextbike. The company is working to add on-demand minibus service Berlkoenig; kick scooters from Tier, and conventional taxis from Taxi Berlin. The overall aim of integrating public transportation is to encourage people to use multimodal transport options, and compete with apps that offer an entire suite of service.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4