Baltic Shale LLC - Farm-in opportunity to develop acreage in northern Poland
Baltic Shale LLC is progressing with the project to extract hydrocarbons, primarily oil, from the Lower Paleozoic reservoirs in the onshore sector of the Baltic Basin in northern Poland. The area, believed to represent the "sweet spot", holds substantial hydrocarbon development potential within the resource plays that were successfully tested during the exploration campaign targeting shale-dominated successions.
To bring the commodity to market, Baltic Shale is inviting strategic partners to assist with the appraisal and development. With a resource potential close to 9.5 Bbbls, the farm-in represents a unique opportunity to access and develop unconventional assets at near-production stage in Europe. Once successfully developed, the project will address the country's crude oil demand and stimulate exports due to its proximity to strategically important infrastructure.
As the development of the project continues, Wes Skrobowski, CEO of Baltic Shale, and Independent Consultant Pawel Poprawa, introduces the farm-in opportunity into this unique project to IHS Markit's Piotr Gawenda, Associate Director for Europe Regional Research.
Part two of this interview is available only to GEPs customers. View it online.
Posted 21 July 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Egypt's E&P Investment Safeguards
- Acceleration in Southeast Asia renewables development
- Podcast: Refining and Petrochemicals Integration
- 2021 high impact wells mid-year update
- China’s national carbon market officially opened trading
- Will lingering controversies overshadow Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill progress?
- The Wolin Project with Central European Petroleum
- Eni and BP’s African joint ventures: A new IOC upstream approach for energy transition?