Baltic Shale LLC - Farm-in opportunity to develop acreage in northern Poland
Baltic Shale LLC is progressing with the project to extract hydrocarbons, primarily oil, from the Lower Paleozoic reservoirs in the onshore sector of the Baltic Basin in northern Poland. The area, believed to represent the "sweet spot", holds substantial hydrocarbon development potential within the resource plays that were successfully tested during the exploration campaign targeting shale-dominated successions.
To bring the commodity to market, Baltic Shale is inviting strategic partners to assist with the appraisal and development. With a resource potential close to 9.5 Bbbls, the farm-in represents a unique opportunity to access and develop unconventional assets at near-production stage in Europe. Once successfully developed, the project will address the country's crude oil demand and stimulate exports due to its proximity to strategically important infrastructure.
As the development of the project continues, Wes Skrobowski, CEO of Baltic Shale, and Independent Consultant Pawel Poprawa, introduces the farm-in opportunity into this unique project to IHS Markit's Piotr Gawenda, Associate Director for Europe Regional Research.
Part two of this interview is available only to GEPs customers. View it online.
Posted 21 July 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- North American Abandonment and Decommissioning Woes
- US CEPP Proposal: Sizing up what takes to get to 80% clean electricity by 2030
- What does China’s red-hot summer LNG market mean for imports in the coming winter?
- Global crude oil cost curve shows 90% of projects through 2040 breaking even below $50/bbl
- How far is China’s offshore wind from reaching grid parity?
- Understanding policy and regulatory responses on the upstream petroleum industry greenhouse gas emissions
- South Asia regional power market: Moving towards market-based electricity trade
- New Zealand gets in on the decommissioning act