Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Average age of US light trucks and cars approaches 12 years
New research from IHS Markit shows that the average age of light vehicles in operation (VIO) in the US has risen to 11.9 years this year, about one month older than in 2019. Though slight, the increase can generate new business opportunities for companies operating in the aftermarket and vehicle servicing sector in the United States.
Several factors have contributed to push US average vehicle age higher, according to the analysis. While vehicle scrappage rates have increased and would be expected to cause average age to drop, the growth in new vehicle sales has plateaued. Having fewer new vehicles added to the US vehicle population has offset the potential drop in average age.
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4