Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio
The Ohio state authorities (United States) have opened a 540-acre autonomous vehicle (AV) testing centre, SMARTCenter, reports the Dayton Daily News. The facility includes a 1.2-mile, six-lane intersection to simulate real-world scenarios, allowing companies to test their AVs and equipment before deploying them on the public roads.
Significance: Ohio state is increasingly exploring the application of autonomous driving technology by participating in various projects. One of these projects is DriveOhio, an AV pilot programme created by Ohio governor John Richard Kasich Jr, and agreements have been signed with cities in the state including Dublin, Columbus, Athens, and Marysville. In addition, other cities in the state have expressed an interest in participating in the programme. The programme serves as a platform for researchers, developers, and manufacturers, and links private industries with the cities that are interested in serving as test sites for testing and collaborating on self-driving vehicle technologies.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4