Automotive Rapid Response Report - 6 May 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
- A 14% decrease month-over-month (m/m) in national registration volume as we conclude April
- A 2% decrease m/m across the six southern states coordinating reopen activities
- As the co-ordination efforts continue, there are several manufacturing plants likely to open in May including Volkswagen (Chattanooga), GM (Spring Hill), and Nissan (Smyrna).
- As states start reopening their economies, it will be interesting to see if their recovery parallels our observations in China, where retail visits in some areas are 25% higher w/w.
- Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought: The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
Few EU vehicle manufacturers will meet their compliance targets by the end of 2020. Our whitepaper takes a look at… https://t.co/rC6T8WFvhF