The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index shows little movement from two weeks ago and remains at the top of th… https://t.co/0Tut74NPdh
Automotive Rapid Response Report - 6 May 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
- A 14% decrease month-over-month (m/m) in national registration volume as we conclude April
- A 2% decrease m/m across the six southern states coordinating reopen activities
- As the co-ordination efforts continue, there are several manufacturing plants likely to open in May including Volkswagen (Chattanooga), GM (Spring Hill), and Nissan (Smyrna).
- As states start reopening their economies, it will be interesting to see if their recovery parallels our observations in China, where retail visits in some areas are 25% higher w/w.
- US light-vehicle sales decline 12 percent year-over-year in July
- Average age of US light trucks and cars approaches 12 years
- Fuel for Thought: The COVID Recovery
- Global Auto Demand Tracker - new sales/registration numbers for June 2020
- Automotive Rapid Response Report | 8 July 2020
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 17 June 2020
- COVID-19's real possible effects on the Auto and Mobility Industry