Automotive Rapid Response Report - 6 May 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
- A 14% decrease month-over-month (m/m) in national registration volume as we conclude April
- A 2% decrease m/m across the six southern states coordinating reopen activities
- As the co-ordination efforts continue, there are several manufacturing plants likely to open in May including Volkswagen (Chattanooga), GM (Spring Hill), and Nissan (Smyrna).
- As states start reopening their economies, it will be interesting to see if their recovery parallels our observations in China, where retail visits in some areas are 25% higher w/w.
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor
- Plant closures in Brazil likely to cause only short-term impact on South American production
- Key suppliers monitor inventories of propylene derivatives as raw material production resumes
- EV loyalty climbs to 55%