Automotive Rapid Response Report - 3 June 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers
uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business.
Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available
provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and
longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid
Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market
actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine
which actions to take next.
- A strong 91% month-to-date (mtd) increase as May
concludes in national retail registration volume, representing a
greater than 500,000-unit improvement
- Non-luxury crossover utility vehicle (CUV)/sport utility vehicle (SUV) segments improved 111% mtd, representing 48% of the national volume improvement.
- Non-luxury cars almost doubled in volume mtd with 95% improvement, contributing 20% of the national volume increase.
- Pickup segments improved 53% mtd, 15% of the national volume improvement.
- 110% improvement in mtd performance for May in the top
10 retail volume states, highlights include:
- 113% improvement mtd in California, largest volume increase across all states with over 62,000 units.
- 209% improvement mtd in New York, volume increase of over 40,000 units.
- 75% improvement mtd in Florida, volume increase of over 40,000 units.
- As states continue to lessen their restrictions, we
expect the positive registration momentum to continue with many
manufacturers reducing summer downtime to increase production
- Focus will shift to identifying and addressing inventory shortfalls on fast-turning, high-margin vehicles.
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 17 June 2020
- COVID-19's real possible effects on the Auto and Mobility Industry
- With 50% of countries reporting, month of May numbers indicate a solid rebound for global auto demand
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 20 May 2020
- COVID-19: Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
- April numbers for China added to Global Auto Demand Tracker
Fine-tune your automotive audience action plan with Polk Automotive Data. Download full infographic and access web… https://t.co/I8kShQPKCq
The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index from IHS Markit has crept back up again to the mid-forties from the l… https://t.co/ExTEPeQDiD