What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM
Automotive Rapid Response Report - 3 June 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers
uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business.
Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available
provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and
longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid
Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market
actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine
which actions to take next.
- A strong 91% month-to-date (mtd) increase as May
concludes in national retail registration volume, representing a
greater than 500,000-unit improvement
- Non-luxury crossover utility vehicle (CUV)/sport utility vehicle (SUV) segments improved 111% mtd, representing 48% of the national volume improvement.
- Non-luxury cars almost doubled in volume mtd with 95% improvement, contributing 20% of the national volume increase.
- Pickup segments improved 53% mtd, 15% of the national volume improvement.
- 110% improvement in mtd performance for May in the top
10 retail volume states, highlights include:
- 113% improvement mtd in California, largest volume increase across all states with over 62,000 units.
- 209% improvement mtd in New York, volume increase of over 40,000 units.
- 75% improvement mtd in Florida, volume increase of over 40,000 units.
- As states continue to lessen their restrictions, we
expect the positive registration momentum to continue with many
manufacturers reducing summer downtime to increase production
- Focus will shift to identifying and addressing inventory shortfalls on fast-turning, high-margin vehicles.
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
- Expansionary Policies Provide a Tailwind to Mainland Chinese Truck Market, but Challenges Remain
- Fuel For Thought - Can the dealer of today serve the EV customer of tomorrow?
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/bD7eRhUCkD
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/mAdtoxXhZg