What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM
Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers
uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business.
Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available
provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and
longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid
Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market
actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine
which actions to take next.
An 18% week-on-week (w/w) decrease in national registration volume coming off the April sales close
- A 25% w/w decline across all pickup segments, pickups were a considerable highlight in April with a positive year-on-year (y/y) trend in performance
- April concluded with a 3% month-on-month (m/m) decline across pickup segments, resulting in a 1% y/y decline
- Starting in May, several OEMs de-escalated finance incentives from 0% for 84 months to 0% for 72 months as inventory pressure dissolves
A 20% w/w decrease observed across the Midwest cooperative manufacturing states
- A 3% w/w increase in Michigan, momentum continues as
manufacturing plans are solidify and employees are heading back to
o An 18% w/w decline in the high-volume non-luxury SUV/CUV segments, segments previously with strong weekly gains through April
As manufacturers continue to work through their recovery plans and some new models are delayed, this will have an impact on vehicle showrooms—extending existing models and influencing incentives and marketing initiatives.
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
- Expansionary Policies Provide a Tailwind to Mainland Chinese Truck Market, but Challenges Remain
- Fuel For Thought - Can the dealer of today serve the EV customer of tomorrow?
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/bD7eRhUCkD
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/mAdtoxXhZg