Automotive Rapid Response Report - 14 April 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold, IHS Markit offers uniquely actionable, rapid insights to drive your business. Insights powered by the most up-to-date information available provide critical intelligence to inform near-term planning and longer-term strategic decision making. Download our weekly Rapid Response Report to get real-time market feedback on specific market actions that will help you get a step ahead and help determine which actions to take next.
- 95% month-over-month-to-date negative registration impact in Michigan with the implementation of the Shelter-in-Place Executive Order (vehicle sales suspended)
- 3% week-over-week registration increase in Michigan coinciding with the revision of the executive order, allowing online vehicle sales
- Florida is seeing a 53% decline with limited restrictions on automotive transactions
- States permitting online sales are seeing a 20% lower negative impact to their registration volume
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought – The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
- Understanding the 2020 Vehicle Buyer Journey
IHS Markit's Tom de Vleesschauwer to lead panel discussion on Car Ownership vs Mobility at the Reuters Events Autom… https://t.co/gxJFZElvF5
By 2030 nearly 25% of light passenger vehicles produced will be plug-in capable. What is needed for cheap, fast & u… https://t.co/AbGnKJFRzC