Auto dealers, are you looking to improve your conquest, service, and sales efforts? Register for our Data-Driven A… https://t.co/DyvjB90JBU
An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Vehicle Electrification
An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley: Vehicle Electrification
IHS Markit US light-vehicle registration data from January and February 2021 shows a jump in share for electrified vehicles. In 2020, electrified vehicles accounted for 5.9% of all light-vehicle registrations. Over the first two months of 2021, this jumped to 8.0%. #EVs share of landed at 2.1%, while traditional hybrid share came in at 5.1%. Plug-in-Hybrids (#PHEVs) remain less than 1%, though also improved slightly.
IHS Markit sees potential for battery electric vehicles to make up 25% to 30% of US passenger car sales as soon as 2030, on global regulations pushing for a speedier pivot to all-electric vehicles, increasing calls for bans on internal combustion engines in the US, and industry investments.
There remains a significant distance between consumer behavior today and potential in 2030. The early 2021 improvement may signal the start of deeper change in consumer attitude toward electrification.
- Average age of cars and light trucks in the US rises to 12.1 years, accelerated by COVID-19
- India's role in global automotive electrification
- Making the BEV commitment
- Sedans: Staying Alive - no longer on top, but they're not dead
- If only audience buying was always this easy
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Electric Trucks
- 2020 - Been there, done that! What’s next for the Indian MHCV market in 2021?
- US monthly new vehicle registrations reach 10-year high in March; EV market share surpasses 3% for first time
New research from IHS Markit shows that the average age of light vehicles in operation (VIO) in the US has risen to… https://t.co/qXHM7fdzwZ