Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
An Automotive Minute from IHS Markit with Devin Lindsay
Many assume Democratic President Elect Joe Biden will be much more electric vehicle friendly, and that he may finally usher in the wave of electric vehicles anticipated since his years as vice president. But will this likely be the case?
The administration desires to build 500,000 EV charging stations. This would certainly make charging availability much more visible to the public, but how many is too many for the number of electric vehicles expected to be on the road? Most EV owners charge at home, and while more chargers make everyone feel more assured, EV charging must become faster to fit into American time schedules.
We should certainly expect more ambitious fuel economy standards for 2027 and beyond after the current CAFE regulations end and a reinstatement of California's zero emission vehicles mandate waiver which will all but guarantee a home for the new EV models being rolled out by automakers.
But while there are certainly no guarantees in the world of politics, the EV industry is perhaps in its best scenario ever: more electric models choose from and tougher environmental and fuel efficiency policies to lower greenhouse gases.
- Near- and long-term challenges in the shift to electrification
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4