Automotive Megatrends V-log Part 1: New mobility, autonomy, and the automotive landscape
With the convergence of autonomous driving technologies and new mobility service business models entering the industry, these megatrends will have the biggest impact on what the automotive industry will look like in the future.
Watch Jeremy Carlson, Principle Analyst for Automotive with IHS Markit, discuss automotive megatrends, the changing landscape of the automotive industry, and how suppliers and/or OEMs can best prepare for these changes.
In this Video-log, Jeremy Carlson discusses:
- How is "new mobility" shaping the industry?
- How will autonomy evolve over time and what is the current view?
To hear more from our automotive experts or to learn more about automotive megatrends, visit us at SupplierInsight.
- New vehicle sales in the Philippines jump 10% y/y in November
- Germany overtakes Norway as Europe’s biggest EV market
- Norwegian passenger car demand tumbles 18.5% y/y during November
- Irish passenger car demand rises 19.1% y/y in slow November
- China targets NEVs to become 25% of total car sales by 2025
- Vehicle production in Thailand plunges 22.5% y/y in October, exports decline 8.3% y/y
- 5G driverless microbus begins trial operations in China
- London transport authority refuses to renew Uber’s licence
Devin Lindsay discusses vehicles on display at the LA Auto Show. Automakers remain focused on the CUV segment. https://t.co/6k87W4e9kK