The global auto industry continues to navigate a challenging supply chain environment as well as lingering COVID-19… https://t.co/Z5fAb0yo7i
Automotive loyalty in the wake of the COVID-19 recession
With US auto sales forecast to decline as a result of the nationwide shutdown due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, the automotive industry is set to be substantially impacted on levels unseen since the 2008 recession. Nationwide retail closures have already led to an unprecedented drop in sales volume while future production has come to a near standstill. In addition, unemployment claims have reached record highs, crippling consumer confidence and further limiting forecasts for a quick recovery.
With the chance of another economic recession rapidly growing, it is important to investigate the past to help understand what is in store for the future. For this, monitoring the events surrounding the 2008 recession could provide the closest example of how this upcoming downturn may play out. By identifying the length and essential factors of the recovery, we can better determine what awaits the automotive industry and why this recovery could face more challenges than in 2008.
This whitepaper looks back on registration and loyalty trends following the 2008 recession to prepare for a post-COVID-19 reality.
- May 2022 production forecast sees variations from region to region
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
- Expansionary Policies Provide a Tailwind to Mainland Chinese Truck Market, but Challenges Remain
What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/bD7eRhUCkD