Register now for our latest loyalty review webinar with Tom Libby on Tuesday, 9/28 at 1pm ET. Highlights: latest… https://t.co/07RHVNrVjj
Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis
- Battery electric vehicles (BEV) have grown nationally by 6% or +675 units.
- Hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) have grown nationally by 4% or +775 units.
- British Columbia leads the way with the adoption of electrification.
- Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) includes BEV/PHEV/FCEV and accounted for 13.4% of all new light vehicles registered in the quarter in British Columbia.
- Share of ZEV is 5.0% nationally which is an increase q/q.
National enhanced fuel type trend Total volumes of all enhanced fuel types BEV / PHEV / HEV / FCEV (xEV) increased Q1 2021 vs Q4 2020 with the penetration of xEV vehicles making up 10.3% while traditional ICE vehicle volume decreased q/q by 10.1%. The first quarter 2021 has seen consistent improvement in xEV's market share from 7.4% in Q1 2020 to 10.3% in Q1 2021. HEV still represents the highest volume of the group but BEVs are steadily gaining each quarter. Of note is volumes of PHEVs decreased in both 2019 and 2020 but are showing an increase in 2021 q/q. Light vehicle registrations reflected a dramatic shift, as share of xEVs has increased 3.1 percentage points from Q1 2020 in the first quarter of this year. In addition, ZEVs have increased share by 1.2 percent points.
- Major revision for global light vehicle forecast, production impacted well into 2022
- Medium Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The other face of the pandemic in Brazil
- Fuel for Thought: A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Substantial Internal Cannibalization for Incremental Models
- IAA Mobility 2021: Germany’s new auto show to focus on electric autonomous vehicles and mobility
- Hybrid: Bridge to Electrification – August 2021
- How will 5G impact the driving experience for the consumer?
- Brand Loyalty Among US Auto Consumers Drops to Six-Year Low
IHS Markit is excited to attend MOVE this year. As the leading thought leader in automotive mobility, we are keen t… https://t.co/imEluizURo