With the exception of Middle East/Africa, all regions show negative month-over-month growth for light vehicle sales… https://t.co/YI08EeZAe4
Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis
- Battery electric vehicles (BEV) have grown nationally by 6% or +675 units.
- Hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) have grown nationally by 4% or +775 units.
- British Columbia leads the way with the adoption of electrification.
- Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) includes BEV/PHEV/FCEV and accounted for 13.4% of all new light vehicles registered in the quarter in British Columbia.
- Share of ZEV is 5.0% nationally which is an increase q/q.
National enhanced fuel type trend Total volumes of all enhanced fuel types BEV / PHEV / HEV / FCEV (xEV) increased Q1 2021 vs Q4 2020 with the penetration of xEV vehicles making up 10.3% while traditional ICE vehicle volume decreased q/q by 10.1%. The first quarter 2021 has seen consistent improvement in xEV's market share from 7.4% in Q1 2020 to 10.3% in Q1 2021. HEV still represents the highest volume of the group but BEVs are steadily gaining each quarter. Of note is volumes of PHEVs decreased in both 2019 and 2020 but are showing an increase in 2021 q/q. Light vehicle registrations reflected a dramatic shift, as share of xEVs has increased 3.1 percentage points from Q1 2020 in the first quarter of this year. In addition, ZEVs have increased share by 1.2 percent points.
- Fuel for Thought: The Chip Dip
- Average age of cars and light trucks in the US rises to 12.1 years, accelerated by COVID-19
- India's role in global automotive electrification
- Making the BEV commitment
- Sedans: Staying Alive - no longer on top, but they're not dead
- If only audience buying was always this easy
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Electric Trucks
- 2020 - Been there, done that! What’s next for the Indian MHCV market in 2021?
Auto dealers, are you looking to improve your conquest, service, and sales efforts? Register for our Data-Driven A… https://t.co/s29FhdTP6t
In this week’s episode of Autology, we discuss 5G’s impact on the IoT ecosystem and specifically on the… https://t.co/hzDerbxTpy