Register now for our retail webinar: Improve your audience targeting with best practices. Learn data-driven strateg… https://t.co/OhH2xZofyj
Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q2 2021
- 1 out of every 20 new vehicles registered in Canada is Electric.
- Share of ZEV is 5.2% nationally which is an increase quarter over quarter.
- Battery electric vehicles (BEV) have grown nationally by 28% or +3,641 units q/q.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) have grown nationally by 68% or +3,185 units in the same timeframe.
- British Columbia leads the way with adoption of electrification where Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) account for 10.6% of all new light vehicles.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) share has grown by 1.5 percentage points.
National Enhanced fuel type trend
Total volumes of BEV/PHEV/HEV/FCEV (xEV) increased in the second
quarter vs. the first quarter of 2021, with the penetration of xEV
vehicles making up 12.0% of the overall market while traditional
ICE vehicles' share decreased in the same timeframe. The second
quarter of 2021 has seen consistent improvement in xEV's market
share increasing 1.7% when compared to Q1 2021.
Second quarter volumes overall increased 33% for industry, with PHEV (+68%) and HEV (+69%) leading across all powertrains, resulting in a 54% volume increase for xEV overall.
- Major revision for global light vehicle forecast, production impacted well into 2022
- Medium Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The other face of the pandemic in Brazil
- Fuel for Thought: A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Substantial Internal Cannibalization for Incremental Models
- IAA Mobility 2021: Germany’s new auto show to focus on electric autonomous vehicles and mobility
- Hybrid: Bridge to Electrification – August 2021
- How will 5G impact the driving experience for the consumer?
- Brand Loyalty Among US Auto Consumers Drops to Six-Year Low
Register now for our latest loyalty review webinar with Tom Libby on Tuesday, 9/28 at 1pm ET. Highlights: latest… https://t.co/07RHVNrVjj