Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: The OEM Landscape - Focus on US
The COVID-19 pandemic impact on the auto industry is extensive, severe, and wide-ranging:
- Recovery in China is underway as sales continue to improve and dealer inventory declines. Government incentives including plate quota, NEV subsidy, and scrappage incentives help the industry regain momentum
- Europe's recovery has varied—Spain bottomed out in May, though France had an early rebound in June, and Germany followed in July. With economies re-opened and manufacturing restarting, the focus has shifted to financial conditions and consumer sentiment, with various automotive-focused stimulus packages starting in July.
- US recovery (the subject of this component of the COVID-19 Recovery Series) has been led by the Pickup segment—it has gained 5.5 percentage points of market share, a highly profitable segment dominated by domestic manufacturers.
The first installment of IHS Markit's new Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series is now available. In our whitepaper, The OEM Landscape - Focus on US, we look at constrained and increasingly competitive market conditions, and lay out where are the greatest opportunities to maximize success are in the short-term. This whitepaper is one of four whitepapers produced for our COVID-19 Recovery Series.
- Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought: The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
Few EU vehicle manufacturers will meet their compliance targets by the end of 2020. Our whitepaper takes a look at… https://t.co/rC6T8WFvhF