Automotive industry: expected future development amid Sars-CoV-2 and long-term trends. Cu2 Consulting discusses ten… https://t.co/mcpxGbEJTF
Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: The OEM Landscape - Focus on US
The COVID-19 pandemic impact on the auto industry is extensive, severe, and wide-ranging:
- Recovery in China is underway as sales continue to improve and dealer inventory declines. Government incentives including plate quota, NEV subsidy, and scrappage incentives help the industry regain momentum
- Europe's recovery has varied—Spain bottomed out in May, though France had an early rebound in June, and Germany followed in July. With economies re-opened and manufacturing restarting, the focus has shifted to financial conditions and consumer sentiment, with various automotive-focused stimulus packages starting in July.
- US recovery (the subject of this component of the COVID-19 Recovery Series) has been led by the Pickup segment—it has gained 5.5 percentage points of market share, a highly profitable segment dominated by domestic manufacturers.
The first installment of IHS Markit's new Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series is now available. In our whitepaper, The OEM Landscape - Focus on US, we look at constrained and increasingly competitive market conditions, and lay out where are the greatest opportunities to maximize success are in the short-term.
This whitepaper is one of three whitepapers produced for our COVID-19 Recovery Series.
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
- Domestic versus Imported Vehicle Loyalty
- 5G, C-V2X, and automotive connectivity in 2021
Webinar | Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar, unveiling the results of a… https://t.co/AHYRym8pVF