New Autology Podcast: Does branded audio necessarily mean premium audio? In this episode, IHS Markit experts discus… https://t.co/5CUzysurEQ
Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: The OEM Landscape - Focus on US
The COVID-19 pandemic impact on the auto industry is extensive, severe, and wide-ranging:
- Recovery in China is underway as sales continue to improve and dealer inventory declines. Government incentives including plate quota, NEV subsidy, and scrappage incentives help the industry regain momentum
- Europe's recovery has varied—Spain bottomed out in May, though France had an early rebound in June, and Germany followed in July. With economies re-opened and manufacturing restarting, the focus has shifted to financial conditions and consumer sentiment, with various automotive-focused stimulus packages starting in July.
- US recovery (the subject of this component of the COVID-19 Recovery Series) has been led by the Pickup segment—it has gained 5.5 percentage points of market share, a highly profitable segment dominated by domestic manufacturers.
The first installment of IHS Markit's new Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series is now available. In our whitepaper, The OEM Landscape - Focus on US, we look at constrained and increasingly competitive market conditions, and lay out where are the greatest opportunities to maximize success are in the short-term.
This whitepaper is one of three whitepapers produced for our COVID-19 Recovery Series.
- Worsening run rate, but 2022 global light vehicle production outlook intact
- IHS Markit monthly payment data explain EV challenges and hybrid popularity
- Major revision for global light vehicle production forecast – what it means for OEMs’ technology deployment
- After seemingly defying the challenges facing truck manufacturers globally, Brazil’s plants hit with downtime starting from September 2021
- Luxury SUV growth out-paces mainstream
- Chips still squeezing: YTD 7.4mn units and -10% growth impact
- CPO: Why CPO Matters – September 2021
- Increasing impact of semiconductor shortage on Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle OEMs in Europe
Join us for an upcoming Auto Care Association webinar where our IHS Markit expert, Bradley Mayes, will speak to the… https://t.co/4Cr0A8FXDl
In IHS Markit's October global light vehicle production forecast update, our 2022 production view is a virtually un… https://t.co/H7rzdfyriX