Lifetime customer value runs through the service bay. See how Polk Audiences uses data to deliver the best ROI for… https://t.co/93TmvWGurA
August 2022 Light Vehicle Production Forecast update
The following reflects the S&P Global Mobility August 2022 Light Vehicle Production Forecast update:
The August 2022 light vehicle production forecast update reflects deterioration in the near-term expectations for semiconductor supply coupled with enhanced risk for demand destruction due to macroeconomic conditions being pulled ahead into 2023. The implications are that the transition from "supply constrained" to "demand driven" will happen sooner rather than later and will also influence the amount of inventory rebuilding that will be required.
Automakers are expected to be somewhat less aggressive in their inventory builds, with many signaling concerns over aforementioned demand destruction, in order to avoid what could be a rapid shift from a low inventory profile to a return to overstock conditions.
This month's forecast update reflects a near-term upgrade for Greater China due to stronger demand post-COVID lockdowns and robust stimulus effects as well as a stronger near-term outlook for South Asia. However, more consequential are the near-to-intermediate term downward revisions, particularly focused on Europe and North America, among other regions.
In the extreme near-term, semiconductor availability/capacity has been marked down impacting the ability to accelerate production recovery. Further, we are seeing demand destruction pulling ahead into 2023 which has direct implications to production and impacts the magnitude/need for inventory restocking.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Fuel For Thought: Detroit Auto Show 2022 - An industry in transition
- Supply Constraints, Lack of Inventory Cap US Light Vehicle Sales in September
- Load-shedding disrupts recovery in South Africa truck and bus assembly
- September 2022 Light Vehicle Production Forecast update
- Major supply chain disruption is behind us but production developments are far from uniform as new headwinds emerge
- Plugging in to the Electrified Future - September 2022
- Fluid production in relation with the increased electrification.
- Tesla loyalty and market share soar, but dominance of EV segment could wane
Load-shedding disrupts recovery in South Africa truck and bus assembly. EVs pose a huge challenge to South Africa,… https://t.co/k2wXhpQVrm
Please join our experts in-person in Paris to gather insight around critical subject matters of enablers for the co… https://t.co/sdeDYl7En4