US Flash Composite Output Index falls to lowest in just over one-and-a-half years, falling to 53.6 in December from… https://t.co/kACP2MWX6g
Week Ahead Asia-Pacific Economic Preview: Week of 6 August 2018
- Japan Second Quarter GDP
- July US Consumer Price Inflation
- RBA Policy Decision
- Special Focus on India
Following last week's global PMI figures, which showed worldwide manufacturing output rising at its slowest rate in nearly two years amid a near-stagnation of global trade flows, IHS Markit Sector PMI data for Asia, Europe and the US will add colour and clarity to the global growth picture early on in the week.
Official figures on US inflation and European output offer further insight into the effects on trade and prices of protectionist measures, whilst in the APAC region, Japanese data dominates, with a raft of figures on economic performance culminating in the release of Q2 GDP on Friday.
This note also includes a special feature on the Indian economy, assessing long-term growth prospects and discussing key threats to the outlook.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- IHS Markit US PMI signals GDP growth rate slowing close to 2.0% in December
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 December 2018
- Global growth outlook blighted by weak trade flows
- Buoyant Brazil PMI data build on strong third quarter GDP figures
- Widespread disruption in autos sector hits Czech economy
- UK GDP data add to signs of economy's renewed weakness after strong summer
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 10 December 2018
- PMI suggests Italy to enter technical recession in fourth quarter