Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
What are the top challenges that the aromatics & fibers industry are facing?
In 2019, China will roll out its China VI gasoline specification
nationwide, which calls for reduced benzene, olefins and aromatics
content. IMO implementation in 2020 will lift octane values for
aromatics. Octane forms the cost floor for aromatics products and
is prone to spiking during periods of strong gasoline demand. The
paraxylene market will experience a severe decline in average
operating rates over the next two years as Chinese PTA and
polyester companies back integrate into large scale paraxylene
capacities integrated with their own refineries.
What are the market implications around these strategic issues?
IHS Markit closely monitors and analyzes the global aromatics
& fibers market giving you the visibility needed to make
confident strategic decisions.
The Market Advisory Services provide accurate current near-term market data and analysis while our World Analysis improves your planning and forecasting by understanding the long-term outlook in shifting markets with supply, demand, global capacity, price, cost and margin analysis.
With a market full of challenges and opportunities, ease your workflow with actionable insight to help you dig even deeper into your business.
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Enterprise Ethylene Futures Contract Opens on CME; Hub Links to Global Market
- Circular Plastics - Anticipating Disruptions
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market
- Turbulence in Polyolefins Trade Flow Patterns
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?