Argentine light-vehicle registrations up 19 percent in April
Argentine light-vehicle registrations reached 75,421 units in April 2018 and 340,347 units year to date, according to the country's organisation of dealers, ACARA. With a strong early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts a full-year gain of 11.4%.
- Implications: Argentina's growth continued in April 2018, increasing again to double-digit improvement of 19.3%, after slowing to 9.0% growth in March. Although Argentina remains a market dominated by passenger car sales, demand for SUVs grew 34% in April 2018 and captured 17.1% market share.
- Outlook: Argentine registrations continue strong in 2018, after a 26.9% y/y gain in 2017, according to dealer group ACARA. With the strong results in early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts Argentina will see sales north of 954,000 units in 2018, reflecting 11.4% y/y growth.
Read the full article
The above article is an excerpt from AutoIntelligence Daily by IHS Markit. AutoIntelligence Daily provides same-day analysis of automotive news, events and trends. Get a free trial and read the full article.
- New vehicle sales in Philippines surge in March 2019
- Shanghai Motor Show 2019: New energy vehicles take centre stage
- New York Auto Show 2019
- New vehicle sales in Vietnam surge Q1 2019
- SIAM urges Indian government to reduce GST on cars to 18%
- European Parliament approves post-2020 CO2 emission targets for cars and vans
- Argentine light-vehicle registrations decline 54% y/y in March
- Brazilian light-vehicle sales and production drop in March, exports continue decline
An Automotive Minute from IHS Markit. Devin Lindsay discusses how fully electric vehicles in the US reach record v… https://t.co/yg2pPYjHZD
New vehicle sales in the Philippines stood at 32,173 units during March, up by 14% y/y. IHS Markit expects light-ve… https://t.co/suJ04YP2n4