Argentine light-vehicle registrations up 19 percent in April
Argentine light-vehicle registrations reached 75,421 units in April 2018 and 340,347 units year to date, according to the country's organisation of dealers, ACARA. With a strong early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts a full-year gain of 11.4%.
- Implications: Argentina's growth continued in April 2018, increasing again to double-digit improvement of 19.3%, after slowing to 9.0% growth in March. Although Argentina remains a market dominated by passenger car sales, demand for SUVs grew 34% in April 2018 and captured 17.1% market share.
- Outlook: Argentine registrations continue strong in 2018, after a 26.9% y/y gain in 2017, according to dealer group ACARA. With the strong results in early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts Argentina will see sales north of 954,000 units in 2018, reflecting 11.4% y/y growth.
Read the full article
The above article is an excerpt from AutoIntelligence Daily by IHS Markit. AutoIntelligence Daily provides same-day analysis of automotive news, events and trends. Get a free trial and read the full article.
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
- UK government inaugurates testing facility for autonomous vehicles
- On-going talks about 400 public EV charging stations in Kolkata
- Sneak Preview: Frankfurt Motor Show 2019
- Two US senators question cybersecurity vulnerabilities of connected cars
- UK government increases funding for on-street electric car charging