Argentine light-vehicle registrations up 19 percent in April
Argentine light-vehicle registrations reached 75,421 units in April 2018 and 340,347 units year to date, according to the country's organisation of dealers, ACARA. With a strong early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts a full-year gain of 11.4%.
- Implications: Argentina's growth continued in April 2018, increasing again to double-digit improvement of 19.3%, after slowing to 9.0% growth in March. Although Argentina remains a market dominated by passenger car sales, demand for SUVs grew 34% in April 2018 and captured 17.1% market share.
- Outlook: Argentine registrations continue strong in 2018, after a 26.9% y/y gain in 2017, according to dealer group ACARA. With the strong results in early 2018, IHS Markit forecasts Argentina will see sales north of 954,000 units in 2018, reflecting 11.4% y/y growth.
Read the full article
The above article is an excerpt from AutoIntelligence Daily by IHS Markit. AutoIntelligence Daily provides same-day analysis of automotive news, events and trends. Get a free trial and read the full article.
- Russian EV sales rise 145% y/y in 2019 to 353 units
- Airbag technology for autonomous vehicles
- Light-vehicle ICE ban could come as early as 2032
- EU approves Romanian EV charging infrastructure subsidy plan
- General Motors African Ancestry Network (GMAAN) Celebrates Annual Black History Month
- German passenger car registrations fall 7.3% in January
- Turkish light-vehicle sales advance 89.75% during 2019
- Norwegian passenger car demand grows 6.2% y/y during January
An Automotive Minute [S2|E6] Stephanie Brinley looks at the launch of the Cadillac Escalade and the Jeep Gladiator… https://t.co/aZNcZCYXOS
Airbag technology for autonomous vehicles - the advent of automated driving is presenting new challenges for airbag… https://t.co/WuYHaLgSKw