Anti-government protests in Albania pose property damage risks but unlikely to topple government. https://t.co/ltxfJy33E1
Argentina: On the ground country risk assessment
In the first of a series of from-the-field country risk briefings, Carla Selman, Senior Research Analyst, shares her take on the country's political and economic trajectory, the overall sentiment following the recent IMF rescue, and the likelihood of civil unrest in the months ahead. In this 30 minutes session we cover a number of key areas:
- Overall how deep is the feeling of pubic disappointment in Argentina: President Macri is facing his first major challenge, with markets questioning his economic model but what are citizens saying?
- Would they still vote for him in next year's election if he runs? If not, who might replace him?
- If Macri continues to struggle will the opposition be able to capitalize? Who are the potential opposition candidates for the 2019 elections?
- What are the implications of the unpopular deal with IMF? Will there be political protests and unrest? If so, will that force policy change, as in Brazil, with transport sector strikes forcing the government to keep subsidies?
- Argentina is currently the worst performing market among global Emerging Markets in 2018. Do people in Argentina see it as likely to return to the markets soon - or going to the opposite extreme, could another default become an active concern?
IHS Markit Speakers:
Senior Economic and Financial Consultant, IHS Markit
Senior Research Analyst, IHS Markit
- Capital Markets Weekly: Busy week for flotations, Chile plans Green Bond Debut
- Monthly GDP Index from Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit for February
- Albanian anti-government protests
- Impact of Venezuelan migrant flows on Colombia
- Paris airports referendum
- Cain and Moore announced as Fed candidates: Market reaction and economic impacts
- Market Briefing: Bulgaria
- Israeli elections
Venezuelan migrant flows to Colombia to continue rising, increasing welfare outlays; risk of related protests remai… https://t.co/c6yPQi0M9n
Proposed referendum on privatization of Paris airports unlikely to be replicated across other projects. Insight fro… https://t.co/Ob4xZzIx3M