Understand how sensitivity to macro assumptions impacts portfolios, is your portfolio more at risk than others? Rea… https://t.co/QIX2VIoX3v
Argentina: On the ground country risk assessment
In the first of a series of from-the-field country risk briefings, Carla Selman, Senior Research Analyst, shares her take on the country's political and economic trajectory, the overall sentiment following the recent IMF rescue, and the likelihood of civil unrest in the months ahead. In this 30 minutes session we cover a number of key areas:
- Overall how deep is the feeling of pubic disappointment in Argentina: President Macri is facing his first major challenge, with markets questioning his economic model but what are citizens saying?
- Would they still vote for him in next year's election if he runs? If not, who might replace him?
- If Macri continues to struggle will the opposition be able to capitalize? Who are the potential opposition candidates for the 2019 elections?
- What are the implications of the unpopular deal with IMF? Will there be political protests and unrest? If so, will that force policy change, as in Brazil, with transport sector strikes forcing the government to keep subsidies?
- Argentina is currently the worst performing market among global Emerging Markets in 2018. Do people in Argentina see it as likely to return to the markets soon - or going to the opposite extreme, could another default become an active concern?
IHS Markit Speakers:
Senior Economic and Financial Consultant, IHS Markit
Senior Research Analyst, IHS Markit
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Weak macro-data takes the wind out of commodity prices
- Amazon says no to New York
- Ethiopia mining regulatory review
- Capital Markets Weekly: Contingent capital faces reassessment after Santander AT1 call unexercized
- Kosovo-Serbia negotiation process
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: MPI surges as iron ore disruption bites
- Brazil pension reform
- Capital Markets Weekly: Bond markets and equity issuance
In a recent interview Chris Varvares discusses how CECL has introduced a sensitivity of loss estimates to the forwa… https://t.co/2AD7yF7TiF