Are Prepared Remarks Necessary on Earnings Calls?
IHS Markit's Perception Analytics team engages in in-depth discussions with investors and analysts daily. Between December 2021 and January 2022, the team spoke with 80+ investors and sell-side analysts to understand their appetite for prepared remarks on earnings calls.
When it comes to earnings season:
-Executive management and IR teams are busy
-Investors and analysts are swamped with results
Should you still be reading out prepared remarks for The Street to listen to or just skip straight to Q&A? The feedback we got may surprise you.
Click below to view the results!
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Portfolio risk management is evolving – how can your tech stack keep up?
- Australia dividends through the macroeconomy lens
- iBoxx GBP Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx EUR Index Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: May 2022
- April 2022 Model Performance Report
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00