Heavy rain from Imelda affecting Houston chemical operations in the Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas, areas… https://t.co/SweJGZo6gy
Aramco to begin preparations for IPO after Sabic deal is closed
IHS Markit Chemical Week's latest coverage of Saudi Aramco unveils their latest competitive strategies. Get the clearest possible view of your position in relation to Saudi Aramco with IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance.
Saudi Aramco will begin preparations for its initial public offering (IPO) after completing the acquisition of Sabic, Khalid al-Falih, Energy Minister and chairman of Aramco said on Wednesday. Speaking at the first Financial Sector Conference in Riyadh, Falih said, "The IPO will come as soon as we are ready. We will start working on the IPO once we close the Sabic acquisition and the balance sheets are consolidated. Aramco is also planning to access the bond and debt market, locally and internationally, Falih said. The $12 billion inaugural bond issue, launched this month, was "just the beginning and not the end," he said. Last month, Aramco signed a share purchase agreement to acquire a 70% stake in Sabic from the Public Investment Fund, Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund, for $69.1 billion. In a prospectus issued on 1 April to coincide with the bond issue, Aramco says it expects the Sabic deal to close in 2020. The company previously said it expects the IPO to take place in 2021.
- Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development https://t.co/E36DthGDo5