April numbers for China added to Global Auto Demand Tracker
With preliminary figures in now from China, we are looking at a 12.9% month-over-month seasonally-adjusted (m/m sa) decline in light vehicle demand for April and a 47.6 million unit SAAR (Seasonally-Adjusted Annual Rate). China's recovery is stunning, rising an estimated 64% m/m sa in the month. This compares to a 55.2% decline in Western Europe and a 24.6% decline in North America.
About the Global Auto Demand Tracker
The Global Auto Demand Tracker is updated upon the release of new sales and/or registrations, and details country by make for the most recent calendar month. Where an actual is not yet publicly available, the IHS Markit Sales Operations prediction for the month is provided.
The Global Auto Demand Tracker allows automakers and their national sales arms to see which markets are sliding into crisis, which are emerging, and at what pace is the recovery. It also shows which makes are being impacted the hardest in terms of volume and market share.
To support our clients, IHS Markit is making the Global Auto Demand Tracker available to all clients with access to Connect, our client portal, for the months of May and June. Not a subscriber to Connect, contact a sales representative for a free trial.
View details by country and brand Access the Tracker on Connect
Don't have access to Connect? Request a free trial.
- Worsening run rate, but 2022 global light vehicle production outlook intact
- IHS Markit monthly payment data explain EV challenges and hybrid popularity
- Major revision for global light vehicle production forecast – what it means for OEMs’ technology deployment
- After seemingly defying the challenges facing truck manufacturers globally, Brazil’s plants hit with downtime starting from September 2021
- Luxury SUV growth out-paces mainstream
- Chips still squeezing: YTD 7.4mn units and -10% growth impact
- CPO: Why CPO Matters – September 2021
- Increasing impact of semiconductor shortage on Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle OEMs in Europe
The IHS Markit light vehicle production forecast has been cut by 6.2% or 5.02 million units in 2021, and by 9.3% or… https://t.co/iPvXm0XU6h
New Autology Podcast: Does branded audio necessarily mean premium audio? In this episode, IHS Markit experts discus… https://t.co/5CUzysurEQ