Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/9jzPsH72wY
April numbers for China added to Global Auto Demand Tracker
With preliminary figures in now from China, we are looking at a 12.9% month-over-month seasonally-adjusted (m/m sa) decline in light vehicle demand for April and a 47.6 million unit SAAR (Seasonally-Adjusted Annual Rate). China's recovery is stunning, rising an estimated 64% m/m sa in the month. This compares to a 55.2% decline in Western Europe and a 24.6% decline in North America.
About the Global Auto Demand Tracker
The Global Auto Demand Tracker is updated upon the release of new sales and/or registrations, and details country by make for the most recent calendar month. Where an actual is not yet publicly available, the IHS Markit Sales Operations prediction for the month is provided.
The Global Auto Demand Tracker allows automakers and their national sales arms to see which markets are sliding into crisis, which are emerging, and at what pace is the recovery. It also shows which makes are being impacted the hardest in terms of volume and market share.
To support our clients, IHS Markit is making the Global Auto Demand Tracker available to all clients with access to Connect, our client portal, for the months of May and June. Not a subscriber to Connect, contact a sales representative for a free trial.
View details by country and brand Access the Tracker on Connect
Don't have access to Connect? Request a free trial.
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
- Domestic versus Imported Vehicle Loyalty
- 5G, C-V2X, and automotive connectivity in 2021
- The European CO2 Compliance Challenge
- Automotive semiconductor supply constraints expected to resolve by second half of 2021
- Global commercial-vehicle demand forecast to fall further in 2021
- Video: EU to mandate EV battery recycling
Webinar | Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar, unveiling the results of a… https://t.co/cJYjAL0HnA