The global auto industry continues to navigate a challenging supply chain environment as well as lingering COVID-19… https://t.co/Z5fAb0yo7i
April numbers for China added to Global Auto Demand Tracker
With preliminary figures in now from China, we are looking at a 12.9% month-over-month seasonally-adjusted (m/m sa) decline in light vehicle demand for April and a 47.6 million unit SAAR (Seasonally-Adjusted Annual Rate). China's recovery is stunning, rising an estimated 64% m/m sa in the month. This compares to a 55.2% decline in Western Europe and a 24.6% decline in North America.
About the Global Auto Demand Tracker
The Global Auto Demand Tracker is updated upon the release of new sales and/or registrations, and details country by make for the most recent calendar month. Where an actual is not yet publicly available, the IHS Markit Sales Operations prediction for the month is provided.
The Global Auto Demand Tracker allows automakers and their national sales arms to see which markets are sliding into crisis, which are emerging, and at what pace is the recovery. It also shows which makes are being impacted the hardest in terms of volume and market share.
To support our clients, IHS Markit is making the Global Auto Demand Tracker available to all clients with access to Connect, our client portal, for the months of May and June. Not a subscriber to Connect, contact a sales representative for a free trial.
View details by country and brand Access the Tracker on Connect
Don't have access to Connect? Request a free trial.
- May 2022 production forecast sees variations from region to region
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
- Expansionary Policies Provide a Tailwind to Mainland Chinese Truck Market, but Challenges Remain
What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM
Using data in automotive marketing is critical and complex. See how Polk Automotive Solutions simplifies the proce… https://t.co/bD7eRhUCkD