RT @CERAWeek: Pitch yourself against the live opponents in the E-Race. Get involved with ABB Formula E on the simulators in the ABB House a…
Apple’s three new iPhones—and what that means: our analysts’ take
In a much-anticipated development, Apple unveiled three new phone models—faster, bigger, and more expensive than ever—exactly one year after introducing its vaunted flagship, the iPhone X.
The announcement on Sept. 12 of the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, say IHS Markit analysts Wayne Lam, Jusy Hong, and Gerrit Schneemann, is a move by Apple to shift its entire line into the more lucrative premium segment.
And with a new entry price of $749, Apple is moving its devices even further away beyond the reach of its competitors, our analysts assert.
For more information, go to our Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices research service, which includes coverage of mobile devices, consumer electronics, and more.
Wayne Lam is Principal Analyst for Mobile Devices & Network Technology
Jusy Hong is Principal Analyst for Consumer Devices & TVs
Gerrit Schneemann is Senior Analyst for Smartphones
Posted 12 September 2018
- BluTV, leading player in Turkish TV streaming video, has big plans for the future
- How will you benefit from the IoT?
- Three top transformative technologies to watch in 2019
- CES 2019: What to expect
- TDDI solutions for smartphone displays to enjoy rapid market growth this year
- December 2018 Market Insights – Technology
- What’s in store for displays in 2019?
- The safe city: Assessing opportunities and challenges in a budding security concept
RT @LeeRatliff: Very interesting concept here. The tech industry is still working on using wireless for cable replacement, but this company…