The deadline to enter the OTT Awards has been extended to 27 September 2019. Our own Maria Rua Aguete will be serv… https://t.co/hGCftLCclO
Apple’s three new iPhones—and what that means: our analysts’ take
In a much-anticipated development, Apple unveiled three new phone models—faster, bigger, and more expensive than ever—exactly one year after introducing its vaunted flagship, the iPhone X.
The announcement on Sept. 12 of the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR, say IHS Markit analysts Wayne Lam, Jusy Hong, and Gerrit Schneemann, is a move by Apple to shift its entire line into the more lucrative premium segment.
And with a new entry price of $749, Apple is moving its devices even further away beyond the reach of its competitors, our analysts assert.
For more information, go to our Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices research service, which includes coverage of mobile devices, consumer electronics, and more.
Wayne Lam is Principal Analyst for Mobile Devices & Network Technology
Jusy Hong is Principal Analyst for Consumer Devices & TVs
Gerrit Schneemann is Senior Analyst for Smartphones
Posted 12 September 2018
- Dark mode will be the new driver for AMOLED panels in smartphone applications
- Deploying the Factory of the Future to solve production problems of the present
- Know the limitations of your machine
- IoT devices evolve as transformative technologies like AI and 5G converge
- Where are the robots? The wait for mission-critical IoT and massive IoT
- With its latest flagship smartphones, Huawei affirms continued support of AMOLED
- Bright prospects for both photovoltaics and battery storage
- Transformative technologies will cause considerable disruption in business and industry
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The deadline to enter the OTT Awards has been extended to 27 September 2019. Our own Maria Rua Aguete will be serv… https://t.co/7Q5WowMrI1