Global Copper Users PMI Output Index dips to decade low at start of 2019, presenting a further sign of slowing grow… https://t.co/mnRNlUzomu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 4 February 2019
- Worldwide PMI surveys on services to provide more colour on economic activity at start of 2019
- Central bank meetings in Australia, India, Thailand and the Philippines
- Indonesia Q4 GDP
- Special focus on Japan's growth outlook for 2019
Next week brings the worldwide release of service sector PMI data that will add to the insights into economic performance and price trends across the world. Several Asian central banks will meanwhile meet to decide on monetary policy while Indonesia publishes GDP data.
Elsewhere, some US data could be subject to further delay while an advance release of fourth quarter US GDP could be postponed, but updates to the US services PMI will still be released as scheduled, offering an up-to-date look into the US economy.
Our special focus looks at the 2019 growth outlook of Japan from the PMI perspective.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further commentary: Bernard Aw or Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Weakness in Paris and the South West weighs on French service sector
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs