U.S business activity growth eased in August, amid a slower rise in service sector output. The Flash U.S PMI slippe… https://t.co/YUgL9CB6fy
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 4 February 2019
- Worldwide PMI surveys on services to provide more colour on economic activity at start of 2019
- Central bank meetings in Australia, India, Thailand and the Philippines
- Indonesia Q4 GDP
- Special focus on Japan's growth outlook for 2019
Next week brings the worldwide release of service sector PMI data that will add to the insights into economic performance and price trends across the world. Several Asian central banks will meanwhile meet to decide on monetary policy while Indonesia publishes GDP data.
Elsewhere, some US data could be subject to further delay while an advance release of fourth quarter US GDP could be postponed, but updates to the US services PMI will still be released as scheduled, offering an up-to-date look into the US economy.
Our special focus looks at the 2019 growth outlook of Japan from the PMI perspective.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further commentary: Bernard Aw or Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 26 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts
- Flash Japan PMI shows economy lifted by stronger services growth in August
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
Eurozone growth remained muted in August amid ongoing manufacturing struggles. Flash PMI registered 51.8 (51.5 - Ju… https://t.co/IgJmXXar7t
🇩🇪 Flash PMI numbers for Germany suggest weakness has persisted into Q3. Headline index recorded 51.4 (50.9 - July)… https://t.co/TwhhdaHaYL