Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 4 February 2019
- Worldwide PMI surveys on services to provide more colour on economic activity at start of 2019
- Central bank meetings in Australia, India, Thailand and the Philippines
- Indonesia Q4 GDP
- Special focus on Japan's growth outlook for 2019
Next week brings the worldwide release of service sector PMI data that will add to the insights into economic performance and price trends across the world. Several Asian central banks will meanwhile meet to decide on monetary policy while Indonesia publishes GDP data.
Elsewhere, some US data could be subject to further delay while an advance release of fourth quarter US GDP could be postponed, but updates to the US services PMI will still be released as scheduled, offering an up-to-date look into the US economy.
Our special focus looks at the 2019 growth outlook of Japan from the PMI perspective.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further commentary: Bernard Aw or Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 December 2019
- ASEAN manufacturing sector remains mired in a downturn in November
- Global PMI survey quality
- Global growth lifts to four-month high
- Global economic growth at four-month high in November
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 Dec 2019
- UK PMI signals falling output, demand and jobs as election nears
- Twin headwinds restrict Zambian economic output
Do PMI surveys offer accurate, fact-based indicators of the economy? How can these be compared with official data e… https://t.co/atXtamutsr
🌍 Global Sector PMI released today signalled a recovery in the global autos sector in November, with the first rise… https://t.co/fqhUfYvOUp