U.S. private sector firms signalled a faster expansion in output in November, with manufacturers indicating a solid… https://t.co/fwJvYMEdXx
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 3 December 2018
- Worldwide release of PMI surveys offer insights into Q4 economic performance and price trends
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- Australia GDP
- US non-farm payrolls and earnings
- Special focus on Vietnam
Worldwide release of November PMI surveys will offer important clues into fourth quarter economic performance and price trends amid lower oil prices. A number of countries in Asia will also publish updated inflation figures. Australia and India will meanwhile decide on monetary policy. China also releases trade and inflation numbers over the next weekend.
Other data highlights for Asia include updated estimates to South Korea's GDP data, as well as trade figures for Malaysia and Taiwan.
Elsewhere, US nonfarm payrolls and wage data will be keenly watched for insights into the pace of future Fed rate hikes.
Our special focus this week looks at the rapid expansion and projected future development of the Vietnamese economy.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 25 November 2019
- US Flash PMI hits four-month high as business growth lifts from recent lows
- Flash Japan PMI shows economy at risk of decline in fourth quarter
- UK Flash PMI signals deepening economic woes as election looms
- Flash eurozone PMI signals economy stalled for third month in a row
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Familiar growth picture in eurozone maintained as UK flirts with Q4 contraction
- Canada facing one of toughest export climates for a decade
- US manufacturing limps into fourth quarter, but underlying trend is improving
Our newly-released UK flash PMI data showed combined manufacturing and services output falling at the sharpest rate… https://t.co/ZHCmzCDRsM