Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 3 December 2018
- Worldwide release of PMI surveys offer insights into Q4 economic performance and price trends
- Australia and India set monetary policy
- Australia GDP
- US non-farm payrolls and earnings
- Special focus on Vietnam
Worldwide release of November PMI surveys will offer important clues into fourth quarter economic performance and price trends amid lower oil prices. A number of countries in Asia will also publish updated inflation figures. Australia and India will meanwhile decide on monetary policy. China also releases trade and inflation numbers over the next weekend.
Other data highlights for Asia include updated estimates to South Korea's GDP data, as well as trade figures for Malaysia and Taiwan.
Elsewhere, US nonfarm payrolls and wage data will be keenly watched for insights into the pace of future Fed rate hikes.
Our special focus this week looks at the rapid expansion and projected future development of the Vietnamese economy.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
- Plunging Hong Kong PMI signals recession amid escalating protests
Our Q3 nowcasts point to heightened recession risk in Germany. The model suggests the German economy contracted by… https://t.co/wWAYuG3bCY
Catch up on our latest economic commentary looking into the results of european and global PMI figures, and see our… https://t.co/sINWEagRs1