The release of the advanced estimate for Q1 GDP in the US and the Bank of Japan policy meeting lead the way in our… https://t.co/G45SQ5IOOd
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 26 November 2018
- Japan Flash manufacturing PMI and China's NBS PMI offer insights into Q4 economic performance
- South Korea sets monetary policy
- India GDP will be released for Q2 FY18/19
- US GDP, FOMC minutes and Euro-area inflation
- Special focus on the US Indo-Pacific Strategy
The coming week sees Japan releasing a batch of data including the flash Nikkei manufacturing PMI as well as the NBS PMI for China. South Korea decides on monetary policy amid increasing concerns over financial imbalances, and India publishes GDP.
Other data highlights for Asia include Hong Kong's trade numbers, as well as China's industrial profits and Thailand's GDP data.
Elsewhere, the FOMC minutes will be keenly watched for insights into the pace of future interest rate hikes. Updated estimates to GDP for the US, Italy and France are published while Euro area's flash inflation numbers will warrant close attention.
Our special focus this week is on the US Indo-Pacific strategy and its economic impact on the region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 22 April 2019
- Japanese manufacturing's steep downturn extends into April
- IHS Markit flash US PMI signals weak start to second quarter
- Rebound hopes fade as flash Eurozone PMI signals slow start to second quarter
- UK pay growth hits decade high, but job market set to cool in coming months
- Falling US manufacturing output confirmed by official data
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 15 April 2019
- Softer growth of Malaysian industrial output points to slower GDP expansion
🇺🇸 US Composite Flash PMI ⬇️ to 31-month low of 52.8 in April (March: 54.6) as service sector growth saw a marked s… https://t.co/4AV0ukEgMu
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI falls ⬇️ to 51.3 in April (51.6 - Mar), with first data point for Q2 signalling further slugg… https://t.co/ntkAcw8RTR