🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 26 November 2018
- Japan Flash manufacturing PMI and China's NBS PMI offer insights into Q4 economic performance
- South Korea sets monetary policy
- India GDP will be released for Q2 FY18/19
- US GDP, FOMC minutes and Euro-area inflation
- Special focus on the US Indo-Pacific Strategy
The coming week sees Japan releasing a batch of data including the flash Nikkei manufacturing PMI as well as the NBS PMI for China. South Korea decides on monetary policy amid increasing concerns over financial imbalances, and India publishes GDP.
Other data highlights for Asia include Hong Kong's trade numbers, as well as China's industrial profits and Thailand's GDP data.
Elsewhere, the FOMC minutes will be keenly watched for insights into the pace of future interest rate hikes. Updated estimates to GDP for the US, Italy and France are published while Euro area's flash inflation numbers will warrant close attention.
Our special focus this week is on the US Indo-Pacific strategy and its economic impact on the region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO