Global Copper Users PMI Output Index dips to decade low at start of 2019, presenting a further sign of slowing grow… https://t.co/mnRNlUzomu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 26 November 2018
- Japan Flash manufacturing PMI and China's NBS PMI offer insights into Q4 economic performance
- South Korea sets monetary policy
- India GDP will be released for Q2 FY18/19
- US GDP, FOMC minutes and Euro-area inflation
- Special focus on the US Indo-Pacific Strategy
The coming week sees Japan releasing a batch of data including the flash Nikkei manufacturing PMI as well as the NBS PMI for China. South Korea decides on monetary policy amid increasing concerns over financial imbalances, and India publishes GDP.
Other data highlights for Asia include Hong Kong's trade numbers, as well as China's industrial profits and Thailand's GDP data.
Elsewhere, the FOMC minutes will be keenly watched for insights into the pace of future interest rate hikes. Updated estimates to GDP for the US, Italy and France are published while Euro area's flash inflation numbers will warrant close attention.
Our special focus this week is on the US Indo-Pacific strategy and its economic impact on the region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
- Global Manufacturing PMI at 2½ year low as business conditions worsen in one-in-three countries
Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs