Read what our economists are looking at in the global economic calendar for next week, which includes flash PMI dat… https://t.co/hvFuRpOXOC
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 25 February 2019
- Manufacturing PMI surveys to provide further insights into worldwide manufacturing slowdown
- South Korea trade data and monetary policy
- GDP figures in Hong Kong and India
- Special report on the impact of Brexit on APAC
Worldwide release of February manufacturing PMI surveys gives early clues as to the extent of the slowdown in global manufacturing midway through the first quarter. January PMI data indicated a spreading manufacturing downturn across the world, pushing the global manufacturing PMI down to the lowest since mid-2016.
In Asia, South Korean trade figures for February will be closely monitored for insights into regional trade performance. The Bank of Korea will also be setting monetary policy while a clutch of economic data in Japan, including capital spending, industrial output and retail sales, should gather interest as well. Hong Kong and India are reporting GDP data. The second US-North Korea Summit will take place in the same week.
Elsewhere, updated GDP estimates in the US and France will be watched, alongside preliminary releases of inflation data across the Euro area.
Our special report this week looks at the economic impact of Brexit on Asia Pacific.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2019, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast