The release of the advanced estimate for Q1 GDP in the US and the Bank of Japan policy meeting lead the way in our… https://t.co/G45SQ5IOOd
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- Flash PMI surveys offer insights into Q4 economic performance of major economies
- IHS Markit Business Outlook surveys provide clues of global business expectations
- Japan data updates, including inflation and exports
- Special focus on ASEAN-China trade
The release of flash PMI surveys in the coming week will provide important steers for the economic performance of major economies midway through the fourth quarter. The tri-annual Business Outlook Survey will meanwhile offer a more sentiment-based view of global business conditions.
Other data highlights for Asia include Japan's inflation and trade numbers, as well as Taiwan's export orders and Thailand's GDP data. The minutes of RBA's November meeting will meanwhile be scoured for clues of the timing of the next interest rate move.
Elsewhere, durable goods and housing data are published for the US, alongside updated estimates of GDP for Germany.
Our special focus this week looks at the rapid growth of trade between China and the ASEAN region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 22 April 2019
- Japanese manufacturing's steep downturn extends into April
- IHS Markit flash US PMI signals weak start to second quarter
- Rebound hopes fade as flash Eurozone PMI signals slow start to second quarter
- UK pay growth hits decade high, but job market set to cool in coming months
- Falling US manufacturing output confirmed by official data
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 15 April 2019
- Softer growth of Malaysian industrial output points to slower GDP expansion
🇺🇸 US Composite Flash PMI ⬇️ to 31-month low of 52.8 in April (March: 54.6) as service sector growth saw a marked s… https://t.co/4AV0ukEgMu
🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI falls ⬇️ to 51.3 in April (51.6 - Mar), with first data point for Q2 signalling further slugg… https://t.co/ntkAcw8RTR