🇬🇧 Recent UK employment data showing the fastest fall in job numbers in 4 years was highlighted by earlier evidence… https://t.co/jLH8TCQZ5T
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- Flash PMI surveys offer insights into Q4 economic performance of major economies
- IHS Markit Business Outlook surveys provide clues of global business expectations
- Japan data updates, including inflation and exports
- Special focus on ASEAN-China trade
The release of flash PMI surveys in the coming week will provide important steers for the economic performance of major economies midway through the fourth quarter. The tri-annual Business Outlook Survey will meanwhile offer a more sentiment-based view of global business conditions.
Other data highlights for Asia include Japan's inflation and trade numbers, as well as Taiwan's export orders and Thailand's GDP data. The minutes of RBA's November meeting will meanwhile be scoured for clues of the timing of the next interest rate move.
Elsewhere, durable goods and housing data are published for the US, alongside updated estimates of GDP for Germany.
Our special focus this week looks at the rapid growth of trade between China and the ASEAN region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- UK employment falls at fastest rate for four years as hiring trend cools
- Greece remains top of worldwide manufacturing PMI rankings, but reforms needed to boost investment
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 14 October 2019
- Global copper users output strengthens, but demand pressures remain weak
- Global growth at three-year low as weakness spills over to services
- UK economy to avoid recession, but weaker growth trend evident
- Caixin PMI shows Chinese business activity growth quicken to five-month high
- Deepening economic downturn in September for Hong Kong SAR fuels business gloom
Our latest Week Ahead Economic Preview includes US and Eurozone industrial production numbers, Brexit developments,… https://t.co/UjmHPEDChO