🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 19 November 2018
- Flash PMI surveys offer insights into Q4 economic performance of major economies
- IHS Markit Business Outlook surveys provide clues of global business expectations
- Japan data updates, including inflation and exports
- Special focus on ASEAN-China trade
The release of flash PMI surveys in the coming week will provide important steers for the economic performance of major economies midway through the fourth quarter. The tri-annual Business Outlook Survey will meanwhile offer a more sentiment-based view of global business conditions.
Other data highlights for Asia include Japan's inflation and trade numbers, as well as Taiwan's export orders and Thailand's GDP data. The minutes of RBA's November meeting will meanwhile be scoured for clues of the timing of the next interest rate move.
Elsewhere, durable goods and housing data are published for the US, alongside updated estimates of GDP for Germany.
Our special focus this week looks at the rapid growth of trade between China and the ASEAN region.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO