🇪🇺 Flash Eurozone PMI ⬇️ to 50.4 in September (51.9 in August) signalling that the region is close to stalling at t… https://t.co/npsFG3CN7Z
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 December 2018
- Central banks to dominate market attention in coming week, with FOMC and BOE the key meetings to watch
- In Asia, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan also decide on monetary policy
- Taiwan export orders
- Special focus on India's central bank
Several major central bank meetings will command market attention in the coming week, with policymakers in the US, UK and Japan all deciding on monetary policy while in Asia, central banks in Taiwan, Indonesia and Thailand will also set interest rates. Trade data from Japan, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan will offer clues as to trade conditions across the region while the latest RBA's meeting minutes provide insights into future monetary policy moves.
Other data highlights for Asia include inflation figures for Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong, New Zealand's third quarter GDP, and Australia's job data.
Our special focus this week looks at the challenges facing the incoming governor of India's central bank amid concerns about the bank's independence.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
Please note that the next Week Ahead will be published 4th January 2019.
We would therefore like to take this opportunity to send all our readers best wishes for the Christmas holidays and for 2019.
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 23 September 2019
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 16 September 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Recession risk in Germany increases
- Global growth backtracks to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 9 September 2019
- Global growth close to three-year lows amid worsening trade picture
- Eurozone PMI signals weak and fragile third quarter expansion
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcast
🇫🇷 Flash France PMI dips to 51.3 in September (Aug - 52.9) pointing to the softest expansion in the private sector… https://t.co/rN5y9snd81
🇩🇪 Flash Germany PMI sinks to a near 7-year low of 49.1 in September, indicating a renewed decline in operating con… https://t.co/M2DalH13DW