🇺🇸 U.S industrial production continued to contract at the start of the third quarter according to the latest offici… https://t.co/wop1XXCIfh
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 10 December 2018
- Release of flash PMI surveys give early clues to full Q4 economic performance and price trends of major economies
- China data updates
- ECB, Philippines and Brazil set monetary policy
- Key UK Brexit vote
- Special focus on US-China trade war
Release of Flash December PMI surveys in the coming week will offer early signals into the economic performance at the end of the fourth quarter. China's clutch of data updates will also receive strong attention, while the Philippines' central bank Monetary Board will meet to make their monetary policy decision.
Other data highlights for Asia include updated estimates to Japan's GDP, South Korea's unemployment data as well as industrial production figures for Malaysia and India. Elsewhere, Brexit developments in the US and the ECB's policy meeting will be especially keenly watched.
Our special focus this week looks at recent development in the US-China trade war.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Malaise in Germany helps drive Czech manufacturing downturn
- Zambian economy continues to struggle at start of third quarter
- Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 19 August 2019
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts Update 15th August 2019: Nowcasts suggest economic weakness has stretched into third quarter
- UK economy slides into decline in second quarter
- PMI survey comments show mounting global pessimism
- Global economy lifted by services but hit by steepening decline in manufacturing
- Hong Kong PMI signals worst downturn for over a decade in July amid trade wars, protests
Global business uncertainty continues to build, as isolated troubles in Asia add to ongoing tensions from trade war… https://t.co/I1DkQVphPO