Global Copper Users PMI Output Index dips to decade low at start of 2019, presenting a further sign of slowing grow… https://t.co/mnRNlUzomu
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 10 December 2018
- Release of flash PMI surveys give early clues to full Q4 economic performance and price trends of major economies
- China data updates
- ECB, Philippines and Brazil set monetary policy
- Key UK Brexit vote
- Special focus on US-China trade war
Release of Flash December PMI surveys in the coming week will offer early signals into the economic performance at the end of the fourth quarter. China's clutch of data updates will also receive strong attention, while the Philippines' central bank Monetary Board will meet to make their monetary policy decision.
Other data highlights for Asia include updated estimates to Japan's GDP, South Korea's unemployment data as well as industrial production figures for Malaysia and India. Elsewhere, Brexit developments in the US and the ECB's policy meeting will be especially keenly watched.
Our special focus this week looks at recent development in the US-China trade war.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- Weakness in Paris and the South West weighs on French service sector
- Global copper users output index nears ten-year low prompting growth worries
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 18 February 2019
- Official data for the UK add to signs of economy at risk of contracting
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 11 February 2019
- Global slowdown gathers pace at start of 2019
- Global economy loses further momentum at start of 2019
- PMI surveys show UK economy stalling at start of 2019
Although the majority of households still expect the next BoE move to be a rise, the share expecting the MPC's next… https://t.co/SZkxEldla5
The UK Household Finance Index continues to signal deteriorating financial health, falling to lowest since Mar '18.… https://t.co/krkVYLNlZs