US Flash Composite Output Index falls to lowest in just over one-and-a-half years, falling to 53.6 in December from… https://t.co/kACP2MWX6g
Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 10 December 2018
- Release of flash PMI surveys give early clues to full Q4 economic performance and price trends of major economies
- China data updates
- ECB, Philippines and Brazil set monetary policy
- Key UK Brexit vote
- Special focus on US-China trade war
Release of Flash December PMI surveys in the coming week will offer early signals into the economic performance at the end of the fourth quarter. China's clutch of data updates will also receive strong attention, while the Philippines' central bank Monetary Board will meet to make their monetary policy decision.
Other data highlights for Asia include updated estimates to Japan's GDP, South Korea's unemployment data as well as industrial production figures for Malaysia and India. Elsewhere, Brexit developments in the US and the ECB's policy meeting will be especially keenly watched.
Our special focus this week looks at recent development in the US-China trade war.
Download the article for a full diary of key economic releases.
Contact for further APAC commentary: Rajiv Biswas or Bernard Aw
Contact for European and US PMI commentary: Chris Williamson
© 2018, IHS Markit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Purchasing Managers' Index™ (PMI™) data are compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide. The monthly data are derived from surveys of senior executives at private sector companies, and are available only via subscription. The PMI dataset features a headline number, which indicates the overall health of an economy, and sub-indices, which provide insights into other key economic drivers such as GDP, inflation, exports, capacity utilization, employment and inventories. The PMI data are used by financial and corporate professionals to better understand where economies and markets are headed, and to uncover opportunities.
- IHS Markit US PMI signals GDP growth rate slowing close to 2.0% in December
- Week Ahead APAC Economic Preview: Week of 17 December 2018
- Global growth outlook blighted by weak trade flows
- Buoyant Brazil PMI data build on strong third quarter GDP figures
- Widespread disruption in autos sector hits Czech economy
- UK GDP data add to signs of economy's renewed weakness after strong summer
- PMI suggests Italy to enter technical recession in fourth quarter
- Eurozone productivity slips at quickest rate in five-and-a-half years as efficiency loss in manufacturing intensifies