Webcast: Analyzing US Agriculture Provisions in the GOP Covid-19 Aid Plan
IHS Markit's ongoing expert analysis across food and agricultural markets incorporates the impact policy and trade developments play, and a hot topic regarding US agricultural markets right now is the role politics are playing in the GOP Covid-19 aid plan. Specifically, how the upcoming US election is dictating sector provisions from the plan, including agriculture.
As the legislative process has continued, the US Senate package has now been unveiled, and there are some key differences in what the House of Representatives approved back in May, regarding how it supports US agriculture.
On this webcast, Roger Bernard, Senior Policy Analyst, joins Peter Rohde, Vice President of Client Advisory and Development, to discuss these latest policy developments and predicts how the situation will proceed, forecasting the impacts this is likely to have on the different food and agricultural sectors within the US market.
- Webcast: August 2020 Pre-WASDE Report
- Article: Russian soft drinks industry asks for aid to maintain production
- Article: Vietnamese frozen loins of skipjack tuna to Europe at zero duty
- Article: Rise in Indian cumin seed price
- Article: Lawmakers plead with US Trade Rep to scotch tariffs on EU food and drink
- Article: July - sustainability focus
- Article: Council adopts new minimum EU excise duty rates for alcoholic drinks
- Food & Ag Policy Briefing 4 July
Canadian oil sands production is expected to decline by nearly 175,000 barrels per day in 2020 as a result of… https://t.co/LgvdF6elwO