Analysis of the latest IHS Markit new vehicle registration data in the US indicates vehicles with a hybrid powertra… https://t.co/VPDySytTg2
An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Electric Trucks
Over the first months of 2021, electrification of the light-vehicle market has been at the forefront of industry discussions and the frenzy sees no signs of abating. This week Ford reveals next year's F-150 Lightning, marking another important step in the evolution of electrifying the US light-vehicle market.
For electric propulsion to become a meaningful solution in the market, it ultimately means delivering in all segments, including trucks. A credible, durable full-size pick-up truck can have a halo effect outside of the segment as well. If an electric truck can do all the things Americans expect of them, SUV shuttle work should be a breeze.
US buyers love pick-ups and use them for work, play and style. EV trucks from Ford, Rivian, GM, Tesla and others will expand choice and enable increased consumer adoption. In addition, these automakers taking different views from one another and emphasizing different truck attributes, mirroring the complexity of the pick-up truck market.
- US Hybrids Outperform Electric Vehicles in April
- Fuel for Thought: The Chip Dip
- Average age of cars and light trucks in the US rises to 12.1 years, accelerated by COVID-19
- India's role in global automotive electrification
- Making the BEV commitment
- Sedans: Staying Alive - no longer on top, but they're not dead
- If only audience buying was always this easy
- 2020 - Been there, done that! What’s next for the Indian MHCV market in 2021?